A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Why is this happening to the bottom of my Pan Pizza?  (Read 435 times)

Offline Hermit

• Supporting Member
  • On the journey
Re: Why is this happening to the bottom of my Pan Pizza?
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 06:03:03 PM »
Shortening does have a way of working as a glue of sorts =)  That looks like a real nice pie.  I think jonas has a good suggestion of opening the dough on flour before transferring it to the greased pan.  Worth a shot.  I'll probably do one here soon myself and will report back.  This is a good problem to resolve!   :chef:

Offline csnack

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 07:29:28 PM »

I'll probably do one here soon myself and will report back.  This is a good problem to resolve!   :chef:

Cool. I'd like to see those results.

Offline petef

« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 09:25:55 PM »
Shortening does have a way of working as a glue of sorts =)  That looks like a real nice pie.  I think jonas has a good suggestion of opening the dough on flour before transferring it to the greased pan.  Worth a shot.  I'll probably do one here soon myself and will report back.  This is a good problem to resolve!   :chef:

I agree, and that's how i do my pan pizza. I use a roller on a very lightly floured surface to stretch the dough out larger than the pan. I transfer the dough to the to the generously oiled pan and try to get the dough to climb the edges of the pan about 1 inch. It always springs back somewhat but that's my starting point. I cover it with plastic wrap and let is proof for 1 to 2 hours.

--pete--