A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: A Pie Boy Gains a Year and Opens his Heart..at Liberty Hall Pizza  (Read 542 times)

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
Well, okay..maybe not my heart, but definitely my mind. :-D

After many posts talking about how little desire I have for NP of any type, made a little detour yesterday to Lambertville NJ, a pretty cool antique-y river town right at the PA border. I'd read of a relatively new WFO spot there called Liberty Hall Pizza..the reviews were largely excellent and since we were looking for a nice place to walk around  on a weekend birthday outing, I thought in spite of my misgivings we'd give it a try.      A dialogue with my wife before was along the lines of..Me: "But we don't really like Neopolitan  pizza, do we? She: "We don't??? Have I ever tried it ?"   Hmm, busted. So.

Okay, then..So while I still have to say that NY/Neo-ish crispy yet chewy pies are my mainstay, a good NP (which I guess this was...though I don't have much to go by) made a real nice change of pace. We were planning to go out for dinner and just split a simple pie for lunch so we wouldn't fill up too fast..gotta pace yourself. Yeah, well. The pie was too  good to stop eating, so we didn't. Though we left room for ice cream at a little spot next door..hey. it was my birthday, right? Dinner plans will hold for another night :-)

To wit:

Margherita di Bufala.. (their description) Plum tomatoes, mozzarella di bufala, basil, olive oil, parmigiano reggiano

Photo below is when it arrived. We made it disappear...completely.

Offline mbrulato

• I heart pizza
Re: A Pie Boy Gains a Year and Opens his Heart..at Liberty Hall Pizza
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 10:23:12 AM »
Bill,

Glad you enjoyed their pizza and had a change of heart.  It certainly helps when a pizza joint claims they make a NP pie, that it actually tastes like a NP.  I've been to a couple that claim to be but are not.  If you ever get the chance, check out Urban Fire in Madison.  They have great NP pie and other delicious items on their menu that I think you and Mrs. JPB will enjoy.  This thread is a pretty quick read https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=32444.msg320705#msg320705

Hope you had a great birthday!
Mary Ann

"Have courage and be kind" - Cinderella

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 11:36:35 AM »
Thanks Mary Ann!

We don't  get up to the Madison area much but it looks like maybe we should..cool thread you had there..even got Paulie Gee to weigh in! I went to school in Madison a few..lotta few..years ago. No NP back then, that's for sure! I see there's another place on Rt 46 in Pine Brook.. http://www.yelp.com/biz/wood-stack-pizza-kitchen-pine-brook   Have you tried that one yet?

Offline mbrulato

• I heart pizza
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 11:43:15 AM »
Not yet but maybe I'll take the kids one night this week for dinner.  I'll report back if I do.
Mary Ann

"Have courage and be kind" - Cinderella

A D V E R T I S E M E N T