A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Craig's NY Square  (Read 39268 times)

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Craig's NY Square
« Reply #320 on: June 26, 2020, 08:12:00 AM »
Looking good!
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline quixoteQ

• Give me Shackleton Every Time
« Reply #321 on: June 28, 2020, 10:25:38 AM »
Hey TXCraig, love these pizzas!  I'd like to make some of them this week with KABF.  How essential is the L-DMP?  I ordered some, but, you know, I want to eat these now and not when the delivery guy shows at my door.  So, no bromate, no L-DMP.  Are there any adjustments I could/should make?  Will a 4 hr RT ferment still work, or should I increase?

Thank you!
Josh

Offline erickso1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #322 on: June 28, 2020, 12:31:19 PM »
Hey TXCraig, love these pizzas!  I'd like to make some of them this week with KABF.  How essential is the L-DMP?  I ordered some, but, you know, I want to eat these now and not when the delivery guy shows at my door.  So, no bromate, no L-DMP.  Are there any adjustments I could/should make?  Will a 4 hr RT ferment still work, or should I increase?

Thank you!

Just a heads up.  I ordered LDMP from NY Bakers about 2 weeks ago.  When it showed up in the mail they had swapped in Giusto's All-Natural Barley Malt.  They told me that LDMP was sold out.  I've been using the DMP at about a 33% ratio to LDMP and it has been doing fine.  Point being, if they do the same swap for you, these ratios have been working for me. 

Offline quixoteQ

« Reply #323 on: June 28, 2020, 01:36:03 PM »
Just a heads up.  I ordered LDMP from NY Bakers about 2 weeks ago.  When it showed up in the mail they had swapped in Giusto's All-Natural Barley Malt.  They told me that LDMP was sold out.  I've been using the DMP at about a 33% ratio to LDMP and it has been doing fine.  Point being, if they do the same swap for you, these ratios have been working for me.

Thanks for the tip!  I actually have the King Arthur's diastatic malt, and wasn't sure I felt comfortable making the conversion.
Josh

Offline erickso1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #324 on: June 28, 2020, 01:54:29 PM »
Thanks for the tip!  I actually have the King Arthur's diastatic malt, and wasn't sure I felt comfortable making the conversion.

FWIW (and you may know this).  Mitchjg reached out to King Arthur a while back (https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=34845.40) and they stated the lintner value of their DMP was 100.  The LDMP from Ny Baker is 20.  So if you wanted to use the DMP from KA, you would use 1/5 the % of LDMP from TxCraig1 recipe (2% LDMP I think, so .4% DMP KA). 

Again, if you already know all this, I apologize.  :) 

Offline quixoteQ

« Reply #325 on: June 28, 2020, 02:20:32 PM »
FWIW (and you may know this).  Mitchjg reached out to King Arthur a while back (https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=34845.40) and they stated the lintner value of their DMP was 100.  The LDMP from Ny Baker is 20.  So if you wanted to use the DMP from KA, you would use 1/5 the % of LDMP from TxCraig1 recipe (2% LDMP I think, so .4% DMP KA). 

Again, if you already know all this, I apologize.  :)

I know very, very little about anything.  Thank you!  Very much appreciated.
Josh

wordpress