A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza alla Romana  (Read 43414 times)

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
Re: Pizza alla Romana
« Reply #380 on: July 13, 2020, 03:54:41 PM »
There is another current discussion about bubbles when baking thinner round pizza.  Someone said that it's the result of using dough that is too cold.

I'd also suggest more firm dimpling, some oil on top, and find some utensil to puncture the bubbles and to push them down.
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #381 on: July 13, 2020, 04:04:37 PM »
I've been comparing the workflow of several well known makers of this style and they all form the balls once the dough mass has been removed from the fridge.  The appretto or final proofing stage takes place at room temperature and usually lasts between 3 and 4 hours.  This is also what is prescribed in the disciplinare for Pizza in Teglia alla Romana put out by the Confraternita della Pizza.

Rolls
that document, like every disciplinare(neapolitan and teglia romana) are created only for business purposes... Remember my old words... NEVER TRUST TO. PIZZAIOLO .

Each times Caputo make a new Flour... AVPN add that kind of Flour to Disciplinare. The same Confraternita della pizza...they make disciplinare to sell their courses. Here in italy is always the same story...

Online DoouBall

« Reply #382 on: July 13, 2020, 08:16:12 PM »
that document, like every disciplinare(neapolitan and teglia romana) are created only for business purposes... Remember my old words... NEVER TRUST TO. PIZZAIOLO .

Each times Caputo make a new Flour... AVPN add that kind of Flour to Disciplinare. The same Confraternita della pizza...they make disciplinare to sell their courses. Here in italy is always the same story...

And here I was wondering why Denti Anima Verace wasn't required by the AVPN to make Neapolitan pizza :)
Alex

Outdoor Oven: Blackstone. Indoor Oven: Gaggenau.

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #383 on: July 13, 2020, 10:33:45 PM »
That’s why I created the Denominazione Di Origine Camarillo, the “other” DOC.  I create the rules!
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Rolls

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #384 on: July 14, 2020, 12:26:14 AM »

But your own instructions for Teglia Romana say the same thing as the other pizzaioli and the disciplinare, so who am I supposed to trust?:-D

Bakery Lab 0059 ---->  "4 ore prima di cuocere stagliare a freddo e mettere a temperatura ambiente."

Rolls
Getting old, memory is the second thing to go......Can't remember the first.

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #385 on: July 14, 2020, 12:26:16 AM »
And here I was wondering why Denti Anima Verace wasn't required by the AVPN to make Neapolitan pizza :)
DENTI Anima Verace is "AVPN approved" ...

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #386 on: July 14, 2020, 12:31:35 AM »
But your own instructions for Teglia Romana say the same thing as the other pizzaioli and the disciplinare, so who am I supposed to trust? :-D

Bakery Lab 0059 ---->  "4 ore prima di cuocere stagliare a freddo e mettere a temperatura ambiente."

Rolls
Rolls... Doesn t exist rules.... Bakery concepts leads.
Modern Teglia Romana is created on beginning 1990 by great Pizzaiolo Angelo Iezzi..... Bonci after 15 years use this Pizza melting with some news toppings

Offline Adrien

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #387 on: August 20, 2020, 12:12:22 PM »
Antlife...thanks for this thread! Love all your doughs and toppings keep them coming!

I have finally produced some nice sourdough pizza a taglio today..inspired by this thread and others!

70% strong white bread flour (shipton mill)
30% double milled durum semolina (gilchester organics)
80% hydration
15% starter, 100% hydration
2% salt
5% olive oil

Made a biga, then finished dough in machine to full development - fridge for 72h. Then very light shaping before waiting for it to double again. I adapted the following recipe and technique for sourdough - https://profumodilievito.blogspot.com/2009/11/la-pizza-in-teglia-croccante.html?m=1&fbclid=IwAR3bcx9KXsWl3uuvVvS91QCVAAxbkW3Hp6eV05Q4PFzfjjc4Fmwi_Uv9k64

Cooked the first tray on bottom oven just with tomato sauce from my homegrown tomatoes,  then added buffalo mozzarella and some parmesan and 5 minutes on top oven - was a little too thick but still delicious!

The second tray I topped from beginning buffalo mozzarella, anchovy and fiori di zucca from my garden also and cooked this on the bottom of oven for 10 minutes then 5 minutes on top also. This one was a little too thin but still delicious!

Need to work on keeping the dough homogenous throughout, but otherwise pretty happy with this!

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2020, 08:02:02 AM »
Return to Home Teglia Romana. Turn on again my p134h

10% Semolina
90% Denti Zero+ w340
80% Hydros
0,7% fresh yeast
2,5% Salt
2% Evo
48h (43CF+5RT)

This simple dough always works well

More photoshop and infos: http://www.0059.it/2020/08/25/ritorno-alle-origini/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/0059StefanoCiccarelli
Instragram:  sc0059

Online DoouBall

« Reply #389 on: August 25, 2020, 11:38:27 AM »
Stefano, gorgeous pizzas as always! I noticed that most Italian pizzaiolos making this type of dough tend to add the salt to the spiral mixer either

1)right after the pumpkin is formed but before adding the rest of the water or
2)after all the water has been added, in the last 1-2 minutes of mixing.

Which method do you prefer, and why? Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 05:18:39 PM by DoouBall »
Alex

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #390 on: August 26, 2020, 04:17:57 AM »
Stefano, gorgeous pizzas as always! I noticed that most Italian pizzaiolos making this type of dough tend to add the salt to the spiral mixer either

1)right after the pumpkin is formed but before adding the rest of the water or
2)after all the water has been added, in the last 1-2 minutes of mixing.

Which method do you prefer, and why? Thanks!!!

Thanks Doouball, i prefer add salt when the  Pumpkin is ready. After adding salt i finish with the last water. Is not important when add salt, the real point is make a good  glutinic mesh, and for this the time of mixing and  the when adding ingredients are the key

Online DoouBall

« Reply #391 on: August 27, 2020, 03:23:27 PM »
Thanks Stefano!
Alex

Offline Pete_da_Bayer

• I Love pizza and beer!
« Reply #392 on: October 01, 2020, 11:52:27 AM »
Hi there,

i wanted to try baguette with sourdough biga the other day, inspired by this recipe: https://brotokoll.com/recipe-archiv/il-baguettino-italian-baguette-with-pasta-madre-biga/?lang=en
Since i forgot to subtract the water in the biga for the final dough, i ended up with a hydration over 80%. The dough was very wet and so i decided to use it for pizza in teglia instead.
I guess it was the lack of semola, that it wasn`t as crispy as usual on the bottom, but otherwise i was quite happy with the result. The biga (33%), only with sourdough (refreshed), worked pretty well.
I`ll definetely give it another shot, also for baguette with the right amount of water ;D
Here some pictures....

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:16:25 PM by Pete_da_Bayer »

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #393 on: October 01, 2020, 01:35:03 PM »
One of the big mistake is thinking that semola give crispiness to dough. The truth is that semola give softiness and tenacity to dough. Focaccia Barese is 100% Semola but is not crispy or Crunchy. Semola have short gluteen and over baking brake gluteen matrix giving crispy effect (like Altamura bread). The effect of tenacity give a better structure within the Teglia. In my own opinion sourdough is not the best levain for Teglia Romana.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:40:26 PM by Antilife »

Offline Pete_da_Bayer

• I Love pizza and beer!
« Reply #394 on: October 01, 2020, 01:57:16 PM »
One of the big mistake is thinking that semola give crispiness to dough. The truth is that semola give softiness and tenacity to dough. Focaccia Barese is 100% Semola but is not crispy or Crunchy. Semola have short gluteen and over baking brake gluteen matrix giving crispy effect (like Altamura bread). The effect of tenacity give a better structure within the Teglia. In my own opinion sourdough is not the best levain for Teglia Romana.
Thanks for the explanation, Stefano! That`s really interesting, what you wrote about semola. I didn´t know that. Well, then it might have been the lack of heat from beneath, that it didn´t get crunchy. You´re certainly right with sourdough in combination with teglia. I was just happy, that it worked at all.

wordpress