A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza alla Romana  (Read 24393 times)

Offline faksimile

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza alla Romana
« Reply #260 on: November 25, 2018, 04:47:53 PM »
Hi all,

I am struggling to obtain a decent teglia and the reason might be that i am using the wrong flour.
I am living in belgium so that's the "best" flour I've found so far

I am mixing 60% Surprima, 30% manitoba and 10% semolina with 75% hydration. Even if I am using a kitchen-aid style dough mixer, I've trouble to "close" the dough as seen in some of the videos in the thread.  I add 60% water at the beginning + 10% with CY after 6 min + 5% with salt after approximately 8 min. After the mixing, the dough is super wet, not elastic (the gluten structure break down super easily) and it does not come together. Not sure if i am not mixing it enough (i am using spiral for about 13-15 min in total), the flour used is too weak or the hydration is too high.  Any advice is welcome!

Many thanks

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #261 on: November 25, 2018, 06:42:16 PM »
try to mixx using one hour of autolyse.

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2018, 12:49:07 AM »
100% Denti CROKKIA
80% hydros
0,7% fresh yeast
2% Evo
2,5% Salt
48h(43CF+5RT)

after a wonderful Panettone Course

More photoshop and infos: http://www.0059.it/2018/11/26/panettoni-veneziane-e-pale/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/0059StefanoCiccarelli

Offline faksimile

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #263 on: November 26, 2018, 06:00:17 AM »
try to mixx using one hour of autolyse.

Thanks for the suggestion! Will try in the next batch. Just a quick question: do you think that the flours that i am using are "too weak". Should i look for something with more proteins?

Offline Rolls

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #264 on: November 26, 2018, 10:49:14 AM »
after a wonderful Panettone Course

More photoshop and infos: http://www.0059.it/2018/11/26/panettoni-veneziane-e-pale/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/0059StefanoCiccarelli

Antilife,

I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading your blog entry on the panettone course.  You are as talented a writer as you are a baker.  Good luck at the Laboratorio.  I really wish I could participate in these events.

Rolls
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?  A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #265 on: November 30, 2018, 12:54:37 AM »
It's tough to get the style right. I've actually seen a few bread bakers making amazing Al Taglio - and I think that's because both bread dough and al taglio dough are similar. Highly hydrated, gently handled, baked at a lower temp for a longer period of time, but also that the Al Taglio is usually topped midway through or at the end of the bake.

Iíve been working on some pizza in teglia style pies lately. Very mixed results buts itís fun trying something different.

wordpress