A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza alla Romana  (Read 28868 times)

Offline ira

• I try to cook Pizza!
Re: Pizza alla Romana
« Reply #300 on: February 15, 2019, 07:41:25 PM »
hahaha i'm sorry, i did not express myself properly.
What i tried to ask was:
How do you calculate percentages?

Everything is listed as the percentage weight of flour, so if you use 1 kilo of flour and 600 grams of water, flour is listed as 100%, water as 60%.

Ira

Offline matheusamorim

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #301 on: February 17, 2019, 12:07:09 AM »
Everything is listed as the percentage weight of flour, so if you use 1 kilo of flour and 600 grams of water, flour is listed as 100%, water as 60%.

Ira

Ok, understood!
Thank you!

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #302 on: March 03, 2019, 06:07:14 PM »
Usual dough...... test on toppings

Finally we are ready to build our first Teglia Romana reseller. The name is FERMENTUM that mean Sourdough in latin

10% Semolina
90% Denti Zero+ w340
80% hydros
0,7% fresh yeast
2% Evo
2,5% Salt
48h(43CF+5RT)

More photoshop and infos: http://www.0059.it/2019/03/04/siamo-tutto-un-fermentum/

here you can find some photos during my last Teglia Romana course:  http://www.0059.it/2019/02/25/consulenzecorsi-e-pizza/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/0059StefanoCiccarelli

Offline medium.rare

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #303 on: March 14, 2019, 01:37:21 PM »
Antilife, your Pizze look gorgeous!
I recently bought a P134H LE and when I saw this thread yesterday I immediately bought a fitting sheet pan. I have to give this a try over the weekend  ;D
When do you put the tomato sauce on the dough? Before baking or after a couple of minutes?

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #304 on: March 14, 2019, 01:47:36 PM »
Antilife, your Pizze look gorgeous!
I recently bought a P134H LE and when I saw this thread yesterday I immediately bought a fitting sheet pan. I have to give this a try over the weekend  ;D
When do you put the tomato sauce on the dough? Before baking or after a couple of minutes?
Tomatoes before baking. After the first baking, add mozzarella and finish baking for 3/4 minutes

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #305 on: March 14, 2019, 08:49:43 PM »
Antilife,

I've got a question, and I think you'll be able to give me a reply. Well, a couple of questions, about pala and teglia style.

I read before in this very thread that you said there were "teglia a la romana", and "teglia classica". Can you describe the difference(s)?
Are there the same classification with pala ? "Pala classica" and "pala a la romana"? Because I already read "pizza pala a la romana" in some Italian website.

And basically, my main question, is there a difference in the dough between pala and teglia?? You made pizza pala in this thread before, and the dough formula and procedure was the same as when you make teglia.
When I make these styles, I also make the same dough, and I just bake it differently.

Why these questions, because some of my friends told me those 2 styles pala/teglia were totally different, l'impasto was different. And I think it's not. Let me know what you think about it, thanks a lot.
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #306 on: March 15, 2019, 01:09:44 AM »
Antilife,

I've got a question, and I think you'll be able to give me a reply. Well, a couple of questions, about pala and teglia style.

I read before in this very thread that you said there were "teglia a la romana", and "teglia classica". Can you describe the difference(s)?
Are there the same classification with pala ? "Pala classica" and "pala a la romana"? Because I already read "pizza pala a la romana" in some Italian website.

And basically, my main question, is there a difference in the dough between pala and teglia?? You made pizza pala in this thread before, and the dough formula and procedure was the same as when you make teglia.
When I make these styles, I also make the same dough, and I just bake it differently.

Why these questions, because some of my friends told me those 2 styles pala/teglia were totally different, l'impasto was different. And I think it's not. Let me know what you think about it, thanks a lot.
Difference are really simple;
Exist Teglia Clsssica,Teglia Romana and Pizza in Pala.
TR and PP use similiar high hydros dough but are baking differently...PP is baking like Neapolitan but at 310 degree,These dough levain in balls, stretch fast and baked. TC is completly different because the balls phase is short and levain all the timein the pan, using a low hydros dough similar to neapolitan dough.you can find rhese difference reading previous post in this thread

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #307 on: March 15, 2019, 01:38:54 AM »
Difference are really simple;
Exist Teglia Clsssica,Teglia Romana and Pizza in Pala.
TR and PP use similiar high hydros dough but are baking differently...PP is baking like Neapolitan but at 310 degree,These dough levain in balls, stretch fast and baked. TC is completly different because the balls phase is short and levain all the timein the pan, using a low hydros dough similar to neapolitan dough.you can find rhese difference reading previous post in this thread

Ok that confirms what I thought, thank you very much.
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #308 on: March 17, 2019, 06:29:50 PM »
Pala Romana in Double Dough:

100% Denti CROKKIA
80% hydros
0,7% fresh yeast
2% Evo
2,5% Salt
48h(42CF+6RT)

100% Denti Mammmŕ
85% hydros
0,8% fresh yeast
2% Evo
2,5% Salt
48h(42CF+6RT)

Pizza is SlowFood

More photos and infos: http://www.0059.it/2019/03/17/new-bakery-lab-e-fermentum/

Facebook: www.facebook.com/0059StefanoCiccarelli

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 06:35:40 PM by Antilife »

Offline matheusamorim

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #309 on: March 18, 2019, 12:53:52 PM »
Antilife, i have some questions:

- All your pala / teglia pizzas are baked in two phases?
- After these two phases, is it possible to warm a slice without losing quality?
- Do you put toppings like spinach or parma (which is usually served raw) on slice warm up?

I'm asking all these because i see many places selling teglia / pala in showcases, already fully mounted, and they still put the slice in the oven when you buy.

Thank you!

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #310 on: March 18, 2019, 02:30:07 PM »

Antilife, i have some questions:

- All your pala / teglia pizzas are baked in two phases?
- After these two phases, is it possible to warm a slice without losing quality?
- Do you put toppings like spinach or parma (which is usually served raw) on slice warm up?

I'm asking all these because i see many places selling teglia / pala in showcases, already fully mounted, and they still put the slice in the oven when you buy.

Thank you!

1) yes ,  i bake teglia/Pala always in 2 phases
2)pala and teglia are better eated warmed after a lot of hours.
3) when i warm the slices, I remove each problematic ingredient like Parma and reuse after warming

Offline Pete_da_Bayer

• I Love beer!
« Reply #311 on: April 26, 2019, 03:45:45 PM »
Salve Antilife,

can you please tell me what the semolina is good for in the dough.
Does it help to bind the water or does it make the crust crunchier?

Cheers
Peter

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #312 on: April 26, 2019, 10:20:33 PM »
Help the inner strutture, and keep the dough less boubled. In my own opinion, semolina is the Flour more important for Teglia Romana, and i need of the best Semolina that i find

Offline Pete_da_Bayer

• I Love beer!
« Reply #313 on: April 27, 2019, 03:17:13 AM »
Help the inner strutture, and keep the dough less boubled. In my own opinion, semolina is the Flour more important for Teglia Romana, and i need of the best Semolina that i find
Thank´s for your answer and your explanation. I have Divella Semola rimacinata. Would that be o.k.? We don´t have a big choice of semolina in Germany, but do you have any recomendations? I might look for it on our next trip to Italy.

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #314 on: April 27, 2019, 12:20:11 PM »
Yes, is good