A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Party on Gabriola Island  (Read 49056 times)

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Pizza Party oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party ovens official shop
Re: Pizza Party on Gabriola Island
« Reply #580 on: November 02, 2018, 01:45:43 PM »
 :chef: :pizza: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Simone
UK/US site: Wood fired ovens and gas fired ovens Pizza Party

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Pizza Party Facebook: Pizza Party lovers page

New Pizza Party lovers community: Ipizzaparty.it

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • One day . . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #581 on: November 08, 2018, 11:20:15 PM »
OK, this time I am happier . . . .
At 2 pizzas a week, used to be 3 but the scales went wonky, it is tough to learn a bunch week to week - day to day is only reading and hoping. Tonight’s 2 worked out quite well, a Margherita and a Mushroom Sausage Taleggio, that we like so much. The margherita was enabled by my fine wife and her aero garden, picking fresh basil after 20 days “planted” in the small hydroponic garden.

If you care, 67% hydration, 2.9% salt, .02% IDY, 17 1/2 hr bulk, 6 hr ball, at about 21° C. Oven very close to 500°C on floor, timing not considered tonight.

There is a point at which you have to question achieving a cornichone that might house rats, with lots of space . . .  As I look at the remains of our 2 pizza, there are no bones but plenty of air filled “edges” lying on the plate . . .light and airy, attractive, an accomplishment I suppose, but now in the recycle.
Enough, a good evening and bake, no threat to Naples, but a better bake

Offline SAUZER.ITALY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #582 on: November 09, 2018, 02:45:11 AM »
 ^^^
 Good Ice !! These your latest pizzas, are the best you've done! , cooking is excellent and the edge of the pizza is very swollen, excellent leavening.

Offline L antica Pizzeria da Leo

• Always striving for progress
« Reply #583 on: November 09, 2018, 05:37:56 AM »
Great looking pizzas Icelandr! Your pizzas are truly something to strive for  :drool:'

I was wondering how you get your crust as airy and puffy as those recent pizzas. Is there anything in your workflow or recipe that you consider especially important to get such beautiful pies?

Offline sk

• Bella Pizze!
« Reply #584 on: November 09, 2018, 09:19:10 AM »
Great looking pizzas Ice!  You strive for perfection and I am striving to someday be as good as you!  Agree with you on the cornichone.  My wife and I have left many scraps on the plate at good Neapolitan pizza places.  Beautiful to look at but not so sure on the value of eating.  I would like mine closer to yours than mine though.  Also agree on the week to week pizzas for gaining experience.  And then I flip from IDY to SD, again just for experience.  Next attempt will be a Craig process  :'(

63% HR
1.5% salt, not what Craig would do but I like less sale.
2.1% SD

Water, dissolve in salt, whisk in culture, add flour, mix to generally smooth, bulk for 36 hours at 62+/-2F. Balls in bags for 8 hours at same temp and final 2 at ambient.

I'll run my firebrick deck at 850 and use rice flour on the peel to launch.  I will try to keep the pizza in the same spot as I turn but I'm a rookie at that as well!! 

And, it's pouring rain today. 

Outcome, who knows!!

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Pizza Party oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party ovens official shop
« Reply #585 on: November 11, 2018, 03:36:34 PM »
excellent!!!!
Simone
UK/US site: Wood fired ovens and gas fired ovens Pizza Party

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Pizza Party Facebook: Pizza Party lovers page

New Pizza Party lovers community: Ipizzaparty.it