A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: L&B Spumoni Gardens Owner Louis Barbati shot dead outside home  (Read 994 times)

Arctic Pizza

http://abc7ny.com/news/police-believe-slain-owner-of-l-b-spumoni-gardens-was-targeted-/1409304/

http://ny.eater.com/2016/7/1/12077644/l-b-spumoni-garden-louis-barbati-shot

"Four years ago, a former Colombo capo named Anthony Russo testified in court about an incident wherein members of his former crime family got into spat with the Bonanno clan over the alleged theft of a pizza recipe from L & B. As the story goes, reputed Colombo associate Francis Guerra — whose family helped run the pizzeria — learned that an alleged Bonanno family associate named Eugene Lombardo opened a Staten Island slice parlor with similar pizza called The Square. Lombardo’s sons previously worked at L & B, so Guerra concluded that they must’ve stolen secrets from the kitchen. During a sit-down, members of the Colombo family demanded that Lombardo give them a cut of the pizzeria or $75,000 to make up for the alleged recipe theft. He only gave them $4,000, but Russo said that they agreed to move on. In his testimony, Russo remarked: "I told Frank to take the offer. It was ridiculous to go any further with it, just accept the money and move on."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:11:40 AM by Arctic Pizza »

Offline TonyRicci

• I Love Pizza!
Re: L&B Spumoni Gardens Owner Louis Barbati shot dead outside home
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 06:56:55 AM »
Guess you don't piss off the mob.

Offline sodface

• I Love Pizza!
Re: L&B Spumoni Gardens Owner Louis Barbati shot dead outside home
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 11:11:58 PM »
There was a brief discussion about this on the Michael Savage show the other day with a caller from New York.  Here's the clip:

Listen Here.
Carl

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress