A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Sweets and Desserts  (Read 25555 times)

Offline MadMatt

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Sweets and Desserts
« Reply #400 on: September 18, 2020, 09:00:43 AM »
Is it Christmas?

Never made a yule log or BŻche de NoŽl  before and fancied some kind of chocolate cake

Thought I'd make one at xmas, good practice.   ;D

Recipe

6 large egg (63 - 73g in UK)
150g fine sugar
50g cocoa powder, unsweetened

Thats the sponge

For the filling and coating I went simple buttercream some dark chocolate, butter, powdered sugar..

Then for the bark

Melted a  bar of chocolate and poured thinly on parchment

Rolled it  up,  stuck in fridge until set. Broke it up while unwrapping. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 09:07:23 AM by MadMatt »

Offline tkmcmichael

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #401 on: September 20, 2020, 08:26:55 AM »
Went out to one of our favorite pizza places for a date night. First time we have done that in about 6 months.... this was the dessert pizza. Dark chocolate nibs, raspberry sauce, marscapone cheese and Nutella. Very delicious.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #402 on: September 20, 2020, 09:50:20 AM »
Went out to one of our favorite pizza places for a date night. First time we have done that in about 6 months.... this was the dessert pizza. Dark chocolate nibs, raspberry sauce, marscapone cheese and Nutella. Very delicious.
Stop 50? Wherever it was Iím sure it was nice to go out again. We have had plenty of take-out and ate outdoors once at a place that had a (pizza) food truck we couldnít pass up about 3 weeks ago. Otherwise, it has been strictly our house, my daughterís familyís apartment, or our sonís familyís home.

Keeping it on topic: we had a big enough gathering last weekend that making one of our favorites, a half-sheet carrot cake, made sense without having it around to tempt us for several days.
-Tony

Offline tkmcmichael

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #403 on: September 20, 2020, 11:03:45 AM »
Stop 50? Wherever it was Iím sure it was nice to go out again. We have had plenty of take-out and ate outdoors once at a place that had a (pizza) food truck we couldnít pass up about 3 weeks ago. Otherwise, it has been strictly our house, my daughterís familyís apartment, or our sonís familyís home.

Keeping it on topic: we had a big enough gathering last weekend that making one of our favorites, a half-sheet carrot cake, made sense without having it around to tempt us for several days.
Actually it was Beer Church in New Buffalo. We debated on which place to go to and they won because we could get in without having to eat at 8:30 or later.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #404 on: September 20, 2020, 11:12:48 AM »
Actually it was Beer Church in New Buffalo. We debated on which place to go to and they won because we could get in without having to eat at 8:30 or later.
Thank you, I have heard good things about Beer Church and have been wanting to get there.
-Tony

Offline MadMatt

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #405 on: September 26, 2020, 08:18:12 AM »
Some blueberry filled oaty slice thing I created this weekend.  Top layer was more crumble.

Online tennisman03110

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #406 on: October 10, 2020, 01:34:55 PM »
Triple chocolate biscotti....can't do this everyday.

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #407 on: October 10, 2020, 03:11:59 PM »
Triple chocolate biscotti....can't do this everyday.

I can't do that ever!!!  I'd eat them all.
Bruce here... My toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

wordpress