I am a long-time home pizza chef
(17+ years) but I'm new to the high-heat Neapolitan style pizza method. I'm now longing for a pizza oven and I'm trying to make plan to get one.
For those of you who own round, wood-fired pizza ovens what would you do differently if you could build another one?
- would it be larger or smaller?
- would the dome be higher or lower?
- would the door be bigger or smaller?
- would the masonry be thicker or thinner?
- would you build a brick oven or use a precast oven?
- would you use more or less insulation?
- would you build the hearth taller or shorter?
As you can see I'm full of questions
. Please share your wisdom.