A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Party a tutto gas! Outdoor gas oven for pizza and roast  (Read 53506 times)

Offline Martianpc

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza Party a tutto gas! Outdoor gas oven for pizza and roast
« Reply #540 on: January 05, 2020, 07:19:50 PM »
Please tell that to my 304 stainless grill that doesn't have ANY rust and goes over 900 degrees and is 7 years old.

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #541 on: January 06, 2020, 02:57:01 AM »
Megan, the exterior wouldn't be getting that hot though, correct?  See Willard's  GG and his 2Stone ...not rusted.

Offline megan45

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #542 on: January 06, 2020, 08:37:03 PM »
Megan, the exterior wouldn't be getting that hot though, correct?  See Willard's  GG and his 2Stone ...not rusted.

No, the exterior of the oven body won't get that hot because it's insulated. I see no evidence that the door, which Martinpc shows in his post,  is insulated, though. That being the case, its temperature will approach that of the oven interior which—assuming Neapolitan temperatures—will necessarily be >> 700°F.

Unless Willard has changed materials recently, he's using black carbon steel, not stainless steel (except, perhaps, for the "dome"), which is electrochemically passivated to selectively form black iron oxide (Fe3O4, aka magnetite), which is significantl more corrosion resistant than red iron oxide (Fe2O3, aka hematite, aka "rust"). Based on the texture and matte black finish of GGs, as well as the continuity of the finish at inside corners and joints, I suspect that the steel is also coated with a rust inhibitor.

Offline megan45

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #543 on: January 06, 2020, 10:26:01 PM »
Please tell that to my 304 stainless grill that doesn't have ANY rust and goes over 900 degrees and is 7 years old.

304 Stainless is one of the more corrosion-resistant stainless alloys, but it's not rustproof, and no reputable metallurgist, material scientist, or ss manufacturer will claim otherwise. Additionally, 304 ($157.78 48"x48"x20ga sheet, #4 brush finish) is significantly more expensive than other common ss alloys, such as 301 ($107.66 48"x48"x20ga, #4 brush finish), 321 ($106.45 48"x48"x20ga, #4 brush finish), 430 ($108.29 48"x48"x20ga, #4 brush finish), 409 ($105.78 48"x48"x20ga, #4 brush finish), making it an uneconomical choice for low cost, low margin, commodity grade equipment.

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #544 on: January 07, 2020, 08:27:53 PM »
I was going to say that  :-D

Offline pbc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #545 on: January 07, 2020, 09:00:03 PM »
So far so good with the $4 stainless steel rod and SS wing nut I put in in the summer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0077RA0JA/?tag=pmak-20

Offline pbc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #546 on: January 07, 2020, 09:00:57 PM »
Unfortunately I couldn't do much about the cap on the wood handle!

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #547 on: January 07, 2020, 09:13:37 PM »
I was going to say that  :-D
:-D  You are the most lovable person here! Hope you are doing well there.
-Tony

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #548 on: January 08, 2020, 09:37:14 PM »
 :) Thanks Tony :-[   Having good time finding our way around town...all still brand new to us. Still in temporary quarters, which happen to be just a couple of blocks from Scottie's Pizza, which we'll try soon.

Offline rrpizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #549 on: January 10, 2020, 07:04:08 PM »
Are these ovens discontinued? I couldn't find it on their page (I have one but was going to be referring a friend).

Offline parallei

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #550 on: January 10, 2020, 07:48:59 PM »
Are these ovens discontinued? I couldn't find it on their page (I have one but was going to be referring a friend).

Have you considered contacting the manufacturer? They might have some idea.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:52:18 PM by parallei »

Offline rrpizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #551 on: January 10, 2020, 09:21:03 PM »
The site mentions change of ownership it seems also its the weekend and late in italy right now so I thought this might be a quicker venue vs the abyss that could be "contact us"

"FROM DECEMBER 11TH TO JANUARY 13TH IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO PLACE ORDERS FOR COMPANY REORGANIZATION. FROM 1 JANUARY 2020, THE PIZZA PARTY BRAND WILL BE MANAGED BY GENOTEMA SURL"

Offline R2-Bayou

« Reply #552 on: January 16, 2020, 03:58:05 PM »
"From 2020 the Pizza Party products will be sold only in Europe, however customer service will be maintained to customers who have purchased in previous years. Due to the few sales, the two outdoor gas ovens Bollore and Passione are no longer on sale, as happened with the 52 × 50 wood-burning ovens, the 70 × 70 red wood-burning oven and the electric rotisserie, we decided to end production and devote yourself to the other products you like most"

Pizza Party Facebook Page
"If it works, it's obsolete" -- Marshall McLuhan
"First you get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure" -- Mark Twain
"Wretched excess is just barely enough" --Shirley O. Corriher

Offline pbc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #553 on: January 16, 2020, 08:36:44 PM »
Wow that's really sucks. I thought 1) the gas ovens were extremely popular and 2) these were selling quite well in North America.

Concerned about burner availability on mine should something go wrong.

Offline Martianpc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #554 on: January 17, 2020, 12:39:47 AM »
little demand and we decided to stop production of natural gas version
Who made your natural gas Burners? I am trying to find one.

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #555 on: January 17, 2020, 02:48:36 AM »
I had decided to buy..but too late. Though I would have same concern....getting the specs on that burner seems very smart just in case it needs to be re-sourced. The  decision to pull out of US sales would make me wonder when US customer support ends..what's the motivation to support  a product sold by the company's previous owners?

Offline megan45

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #556 on: January 17, 2020, 11:19:18 AM »
Wow that's really sucks. I thought 1) the gas ovens were extremely popular and 2) these were selling quite well in North America.

Define "extremely popular" and "quite well."

A cursory scan of PP threads on the Ardore, Bollare, and Passione suggests that roughly 73 North American PMers bought an Ardore vs. roughly 80 for the Bollare and Passione combined. Even if you double those numbers to account for members who own one but haven't posted, that's small potatoes, especially when you consider that the length of time the respective units have been for sale (Ardore: 10/2018; Passione: 10/2016; Bollore: 10/2016), and that the proportion of PMers purchasing a gas-fired pizza oven is likely to be significantly higher than the population in general.

Let's be real: the absence of a US/North American based distribution sysem made the venture into the NA market unsustainable. Customs duties per unit on a pallet of ovens is a heckuva lot less than duties on individual units; same goes for shipping costs. Add in the administrative headache of dealing with the varying sales tax rates—not just from state-to-state, but in some states from city-to-city and county-to-county, especially since they were included in the price rather than added on, not to mention the necessity of stocking different regulators for the NA and EU markets, and it's difficult to see how they could make the NA market work in the long term.

Quite apart from logistical issues, the lack of a corporate presence left them unable to get their ovens before corporate buyers (Williams Sonoma, Crate and Barrel, Bed Bath and Beyond, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, Costco, Sam's Club, etc.) and demo them at various industry trade shows. (Think one or two Williams Sonoma customers might have bought an Ooni, Roccbox, or Pizzaria Pronto over the holiday season? think one or two who didn't might have put one on their wish list?) The imprimatur of an established retailer—with its implied "safety net" in case something goes awry, vs. dealing with someone halfway around the world whose first language is not English—still carries weight with NA consumers. Hard to grab marketshare without mindshare, and hard to build mindshare if people don't know you're there.

Offline Martianpc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #558 on: January 17, 2020, 12:21:07 PM »
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=it&sp=nmt4&u=http://shop.ricambirepetti.com/it/bruciatori-a-tubo/621-bruciatore-a-tubo-70cm.html&xid=17259,15700023,15700186,15700190,15700256,15700259,15700262,15700265,15700271&usg=ALkJrhgwkfqnAJeRJD17t7hN0jJRd_N-Mw

I tried to contact them once s few years back but wasn't successful.
I need to find someone who speaks Italian, I can just give them a call then. I want to build my pizza party oven into my outdoor kitchen which will be powered by natural gas. It would make it a lot easier if I could find the burner rather than trying to figure out how to modify mine or just have this one appliance using propane. Thanks for the link, that should be very helpful!

Offline pbc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #559 on: January 17, 2020, 07:54:56 PM »
The above link it the burner?

wordpress