A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Joe & Pat's Pizzeria, Staten Island  (Read 13898 times)

Offline hotsawce

Re: Joe & Pat's Pizzeria, Staten Island
« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2017, 11:45:32 AM »
I think I recall calculating a TF of 0.065 for the Rubirosa dough ball I grabbed a while ago. Maybe give that a try? My gut tells me it might top out around 0.07. 0.075 seems thick - the pies I've made at that thickness definitely seemed thicker than joe and pats

Definitely thinner than a standard NY slice.  But looks can be deceiving, Joe and Pat's is still a foldable slice and still has bite and nothing like Chicago thin or NJ bar pies.  Also, all that pounding will compact the crumb but it's texture has some chew.  One can make 2 pies look equally thin, but depending on fermentation, flour, hydration, opening method, will lead to very different experience.

I use a TF of 0.075 for Joe and Pat's style.  0.092 for standard NY slice.  May seem alot, but end product has alot to do with the process.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2017, 06:02:16 PM »
I think I recall calculating a TF of 0.065 for the Rubirosa dough ball I grabbed a while ago. Maybe give that a try? My gut tells me it might top out around 0.07. 0.075 seems thick - the pies I've made at that thickness definitely seemed thicker than joe and pats

Lou,

Thanks for telling us what you think you calculated Rubirosa dough ball at in TF.  Yes, maybe give that a try.

Norma

Offline Andrew Bellucci

• AndrewBellucci.com
« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2018, 05:55:25 PM »
I'm certain they are two doughs flattened onto each other for their round pies.

Then you are certainly 100% wrong.
Pie Man
201 OG

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six." - Yogi Berra

HarryHaller73

« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2018, 09:39:24 PM »
Then you are certainly 100% wrong.

Yup, I was wrong, been there since this thread died a year ago with sharper eyes.  They proof the shells on the counter.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T