A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: What's Burning For Christmas?????🎅  (Read 454 times)

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
What's Burning For Christmas?????🎅
« on: December 23, 2019, 11:53:26 PM »
Soooooo, my big smoker died!😥 It was acting up on Thanksgiving so I figured to start early with my pork butts. Smoker burner was fluttering and when trying to figure it out, the pilot light assembly and thermocouple fell apart in my hands. Not to worry, Alliedkenko.com out of TX had a replacement for my burner (where I originally bought the burner and regulator setup) so new ones on the way with new tubing etc for $100 and change. Should get another 25-30 years out of it I hope!!!
In the meantime, I used some V channel type skewers from Grill Pro and did them kind of tandoori style in my Char Broil Big Easy and got them done in about 8 hours. Got about 20% bark by weight and chopped that up and softened the pile in the collected au jus and mixed with the pulled meat!
Also have a couple pans of Costco lasagna, so should be plenty of leftovers to go around!!!!
Merry Christmas to everyone and may God bless you all with a peaceful holiday and new year to come!!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 11:55:37 PM by Jackitup »
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Re: What's Burning For Christmas?????🎅
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 11:56:30 PM »
Skewers
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 11:59:40 PM »
Old crappy aluminum kettle I don't use much and snapped the handles off to fit inside the Big Easy for a drippings catcher, worked AWESOME!!!
Jon

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 12:15:50 AM »
Wow that looks great Jon.   What time is dinner.   Im on my way.   :drool:

For us everything happens tomorrow, Christmas Eve, and we go to my wife's relatives.  Lots of different food. 

This year my daughter will be bringing our granddaughter to our house on Christmas day.   Daughter says she wants spaghetti.  I was planning on smoking something in the BGE but with 60% chance of rain she said do something easy.  So spaghetti with ground beef, Italian Sausage, and short ribs it will be.

Merry Christmas to you Jon and the family.

Jerry

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 01:21:54 AM »
Prepped a 6.5 pound rack of spares to cook off tomorrow too! It pretty much filled up a 1/2 sheet pan!!!
Jon

Offline Hanglow

• The next one will be better
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 04:37:19 AM »
That all looks great

We are having roast goose.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 07:34:07 AM »
Looks delicious Jon!  :drool:

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2019, 08:19:00 AM »
I think there will be boiling at my house this Christmas. Maybe some burning too.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Online Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2019, 08:26:10 AM »
We prepped these pierogi in November. They are getting fried up tonight!

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 11:07:20 AM »
I could eat my weight in dumplings!!! :drool:
Jon

Offline tkmcmichael

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2019, 01:03:52 PM »
We prepped these pierogi in November. They are getting fried up tonight!
My family makes these as well. The one time a year we all have them. This will be the first Christmas that my grandmother is not with us. She was the one who always made them. Usually around 200 of them. Merry Christmas

Offline nick57

• In Memoriam
  • Rest In Peace - March 2020
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »
 Was going to do a roast in the Instant Pot, but after making IP short beef ribs I am beefed out. Gonna be lazy and using chicken thighs, I will make chicken stew with drop dumplings. Dessert will be French chocolate silk pie with Greek Christmas cookies I made last night. I'll do a bone in pork loin roast for New Years. Like just as much as prime rib roast and the price is right.

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2019, 08:54:23 PM »
Spareribs done in the Big Easy today rubbed with honey aleppo pepper and togarashi pepper blend and an asian pinapple glaze! Done with the kettle skewer method again! Liking how it's working a lot!!!
Jon