A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: E bay Chinese electric ovens  (Read 799 times)

Offline WoodyShore

• I Love Pizza!
E bay Chinese electric ovens
« on: February 10, 2017, 10:06:00 PM »
Has anyone reviewed one of these?

They are cheap, but as they don't have a model number I cannot find any reviews on them.

Offline sjarvis77

• I Love Pizza!
Re: E bay Chinese electric ovens
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 11:11:29 PM »
I got the same one from Aliexpress (if it's the 2kw version). I've been using it quite happily for about 10 months now. Replaced the stone and have recently elevated the stone to be closer to the top element. Popped out the top temperature probe so the element never goes off. Results have been satisfactory. average of 3:30 cooking times for 12-13" pizzas (lightly topped) and 4:00 or so for a heavier one at 350-360C. The electrics are around 65-70 degrees at that temperature so the insulation is okay. Wouldnt touch the top or sides though. Here's a picture of a recent one i made. It's around 14" i think. For $300ish i can't complain too much. I've been pondering the idea of replacing the upper element for a while with something more intense but it does the job. It seems like it would be easy to modify, since the side panel just unscrews and you can mess around in there . The model number is probably EP1ST or STPD-PK11 may be the 1.6kw version. It's better than anything else that was easily available to me, but it's probably not going to blow your mind, and it's certainly not going to cope with a commercial environment.

Offline WoodyShore

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 11:45:52 PM »
Hi Sjarvis77,

That is good to know and from that photo it looks like it does a pretty decent job, I'm currently cooking my pizza in a gas oven that struggles to get to 240C, so you can imagine the time it takes to cook and the quality of the the base, pretty substandard >:(

Based on your feedback back I'm pretty happy to go ahead and purchase one, I'm an Engineer so modifying it to control the upper temp wouldn't be an issue, only issue would for me to not over engineer it, I'm pretty famous at work for over engineering things ;D

Cheers

Woody

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 08:05:30 AM »
Here is my writeup of the one I bought  https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=21242.msg213820#msg213820

This is where I upgraded the top element  https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=22190.msg244939#msg244939
 I eventually sold it once I got a Blackstone. 

A D V E R T I S E M E N T