A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: King Arthur  (Read 5244 times)

Offline zapzi

King Arthur
« on: February 09, 2007, 07:19:12 PM »
I just discovered that my local Trader Joe's sells King Arthur Flour for more than a $1 less than the grocery chains in my area.  I believe the all-purpose unbleached was $2.50.  If this has posted before, forgive me since I am new to the site.

Offline littlegirltree

Re: King Arthur
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 01:11:42 PM »
For those in North Carolina, I just discovered this past weekend that Southern Seasons in Chapel Hill carrys a huge selection of King Arthur flour.  They had the 3 pound bags of Sir Lancelot and at least another 10 flour and mix varieties (including Italian style  flour).

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 01:40:47 PM »
littlegirltree,

You are indeed very fortunate to find so many King Arthur flours. However, I would stay away from the Italian style flour you mentioned. It is a King Arthur domestic clone of the imported Italian 00 flours but is a poor substitute in my opinion.

Peter

Fred g. Sanford

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 10:09:51 PM »
I ordered some Antico Molino - Caputo Tipo "00" Flour from 151 Richmond Street, Boston, MA 02109  1-800-400-5916   [email protected] . I live in CO.  I was very happy with the quality.
I have A question why did you not like the king Arthur Italian style flour.  Please give details?

Can any one tell me where ; I can get Antico Molino - Caputo Tipo "00" Flour in Colorado.

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 10:12:53 PM »
went to whole foods in Ridgewood NJ to get KA Sir Lancelot .  NOT!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfire.net

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 10:34:39 PM »
I have A question why did you not like the king Arthur Italian style flour.  Please give details?

Fred g. Sanford,

I assume that your question was directed to me since I commented on the King Arthur Italian style flour. I have stated my position on this flour many times before, including at Reply 5 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,2172.msg20653.html#msg20653 and also at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8072.msg69386.html#msg69386. If you have access to the Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour, I see no reason to use the King Arthur domestic clone. If you have the KA 00 clone flour, you can blend it with a high-gluten flour to use it up, as I noted in the second link referenced above.

Peter

Offline goneill

• Time to make the dough
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 12:38:08 PM »
I have been buying Caputo 00 from internet resources and combining it 50/50 with Gold Medal "Better for Bread" flour with good results. The Caputo is so expensive, especially when you pay shipping costs, that I don't use it alone. I tried it both ways and I don't taste or feel much of a difference.