A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Toppers Pizza Place - Oxnard, CA (American style pizza)  (Read 453 times)

Offline jsaras

Toppers Pizza Place - Oxnard, CA (American style pizza)
« on: March 16, 2017, 08:18:16 PM »
This is an American conveyor oven pizza.  Crust: B+.  The crust isn't going to compare to an elite artisan pizzeria, however it is baked perfectly, which shouldn't be a big feat with a mechanized conveyor oven, but somehow it is a problem for many establishments so I gotta give credit where it's due.  It doesn't have too much oil or sugar, it has just a bit of crunch and it's sturdy enough to withstand whatever you want to put on it.  It's docked and baked for about 6 minutes at 500F and they use a bit of semolina or cornmeal on the bottom for an extra bit of texture.  It's not the MVP player in the overall pizza equation here, but it is an excellent role player.

Pizza Sauce: B+.  It's not straight crushed tomatoes, salt and oregano.  There's certainly sugar in it and some other things. It doesn't cross the line into grotesquely sweet like Dominos' sauce but sweeter than I usually care for.

Proteins: B+.  Using raw sausage and chorizo and baking it on the pizza always earns extra points from me.  The salami was OK and more greasy than I expected.

Cheese: B.  I always recommend ordering light cheese on American-style pizzas to bring the proper balance toppings.  Too much cheese makes it into a gloppy mess, which is why my pizza looks so good compared to the other ones they usually serve.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T