A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Oven Arrived  (Read 2292 times)

Offline vinesrushes

• I Love Pizza!
Oven Arrived
« on: March 23, 2017, 03:32:39 PM »
My oven arrived yesterday with a first fire today.  It's an Artistica Salernitano distributed by Grills N Ovens in the US but built in Naples.  I'm impressed by the build quality so far.  We'll be seasoning it over the next week and will get it installed inside our winery in a week or two once the chimney parts arrive.

Offline kuhne

Re: Oven Arrived
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 08:41:30 PM »
This is beautiful, do you have more pics?

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 09:35:28 PM »
Dimensions By Chance ? Hearth,  Dome height?  where is exhaust vented from ? ? what is floor made of  sorry for all the ? but looks cool !
John
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:38:41 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfire.net

Offline vinesrushes

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 11:00:03 PM »
Just finished getting the chimney installed and next up is all of the inspections...

Offline kuhne

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 02:15:34 AM »
I love it

Offline hodgey1

• Pizza 🍕
    • My WFO project
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 07:40:11 AM »
Just finished getting the chimney installed and next up is all of the inspections...
She's a beauty!

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 10:22:40 AM »
Sweet.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline vinesrushes

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 03:11:11 PM »
It's a 47" deck with a 16" dome height, a 19" x 11" opening and the exhaust is vented from the "bump out" on the front so any smoke comes out through the door and up through the bump out.  The whole unit is 65" wide, 75" deep and 75" tall.  The landing on the front is 12" deep and the walls are 9" thick.  The chimney is 10" class A and goes straight up through the steel roof.  Total weight of the unit is 3500 lb.  The floor is tile but not quite sure what - attached is a picture.  Did I miss anything?

Dimensions By Chance ? Hearth,  Dome height?  where is exhaust vented from ? ? what is floor made of  sorry for all the ? but looks cool !
John

Offline kuhne

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 08:50:01 PM »
What temps are you getting with it?

Offline vinesrushes

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 08:52:33 PM »
We fired it up outside a couple of times without the chimney attached and weren't getting much draw and weren't trying to reach higher temps but we were somewhere in the 600/700 range.  We haven't fired it up inside yet so that will go up.  It should be no issue reaching the 800-1000 degree range.

What temps are you getting with it?

Offline vinesrushes

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 09:51:45 PM »
By the way, this oven comes from a US Distributor named Grills n Ovens (https://www.grillsnovens.com/giganto-brick-pizza-oven.html) but it's manufactured in Naples, Italy by a company called Artistica Salernitana (https://www.facebook.com/ArtisticaSalernitana/).  Oven was $4,000 and shipping from new York to Wisconsin was $600. 

Offline kuhne

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 10:41:58 PM »
Can you show us more pics and/or video of it in action once you have it inside up and running? I'd love to see its performance.

As for what you paid, judging from the quality I'd say it was worth every penny.

Was the chimney a special accessory or how did that work? Seems rather custom made to your situation:

Congrats

Offline vinesrushes

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 09:55:25 PM »
Now I've had some time to cook in the oven and start.  It's at maybe 10 fires so far and I can tell it's cooking a bit better every time as it seasons more (or maybe that's just me getting better).  I have no issues maintaining a floor temp of 700-840 for pies next to the fire, depending on if in the back of the oven or closer up front and the outside opposite the fire sits around 650-700 at that time.  With a live flame, the ceiling is sitting around 950, if not a bit hotter.  The bake seems very even on top/bottom with a cook time around 90 seconds.  In the picture with the 5 pies, 4 of them I baked in the oven at the same time with the floor temp around 750 - works as long as you don't stop for a drink of wine in the middle. 

@Kuhne - per your question about the chimney - it's a 10" chimney, Class A, triple wall.  Standard order but generally not in stock locally.

We're a winery and only serving pizzas on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons - Friday was our first commercial opening and we had some rave reviews.

Offline Jlowden2978

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 02:40:40 PM »
This is awesome!!! Thank you so much! 

Offline Heikjo

• Lifetime Member
  • A sour dough makes a happy me
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 02:48:42 PM »
My oven arrived yesterday with a first fire today.  It's an Artistica Salernitano distributed by Grills N Ovens in the US but built in Naples.  I'm impressed by the build quality so far.  We'll be seasoning it over the next week and will get it installed inside our winery in a week or two once the chimney parts arrive.
Two of my favorite things in the world, pizza and wine, in one place. I'm not jealous...
-Heine. Mostly Neapolitan sourdough pizzas in an electric Effeuno P134H.