A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Stories And Recipes Of The Great Depression Vol.II  (Read 619 times)

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Stories And Recipes Of The Great Depression Vol.II
« on: April 28, 2017, 10:43:25 PM »
Just found this in a box in the basement. It was a gift from one of my sisters and her husband the Christmas of 1995. Still in the box, had forgot about it. Very, very good read. I remember in the early 60s my mom and dad still had the habit of washing tin foil and plastic bags to be reused, where hotdishes and casseroles came from, so a pound of meat could feed 6, 7 or more mouths........so cool to read about how people made it on so little. AND all the old, simple recipes. Good reading if you come across it!!! About 330 pages.
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Stories And Recipes Of The Great Depression Vol.II
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 09:29:08 AM »
Does it have a recipe for a jam sandwich? Take two pieces of bread a jam them together  :-D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 10:46:07 AM »
jon,

Looking at all of the red numbers at http://www.usdebtclock.org/, you may want to hold onto that book.

Peter

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 10:54:17 AM »
Haven't come across that, but did see mention of lard and bacon grease sandwiches! I still like bacon grease instead of butter on toast sometimes or dipping toast in the hot drippings left in the pan :drool: :P
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 10:55:46 AM »
jon,

Looking at all of the red numbers at http://www.usdebtclock.org/, you may want to hold onto that book.

Peter

Scary thinking, but true!!! :-D
Jon

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress