A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Matt's Pizza Bianca  (Read 2527 times)

Offline corkd

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Matt's Pizza Bianca
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2017, 07:27:06 PM »
With right techniques you can reach 75% hydros mixing with hands. Over 75% you can't give enough strenght to dough.
Just found this- looks like they do hand mixing @ 90% HR?.., even mentions Jim Lahey!:

I'll try it, see how it goes
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:37:07 PM by corkd »

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2017, 07:48:54 PM »
Yes, this is  No-knead mix (terrible gluteen structure) and the final step levain on the peel. This is a simple focaccia. If you need to give structure and strenght to dough you must mix with spiral or max 75% hydros with hands. No-knead is a random gluteen bonds in a blob of dough and in my opinion  is the worst typologies of mix. I segguest you to bake directly on stone because is more simple to have a structure/holes and dough receive immediatly the high temperature and the no-strecthed shape permit to manipulate at minimum the dough. Try hand  mix  at 75%  hydros with stops .... Over 75% is useless without spiral. After a lot of tests try to stretch and bake in a pan ...with time and experience you can reach a good Pizza in teglia

Offline Matthew

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2017, 08:00:15 PM »
I'm confused. I thought that the pizza bianca from both Campo de' Fiori and Roscioli was baked directly on the oven floor.

Rolls

Roscioli does both

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress