A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Matt's Pizza Bianca  (Read 2862 times)

Offline corkd

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Matt's Pizza Bianca
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2017, 07:27:06 PM »
With right techniques you can reach 75% hydros mixing with hands. Over 75% you can't give enough strenght to dough.
Just found this- looks like they do hand mixing @ 90% HR?.., even mentions Jim Lahey!:

I'll try it, see how it goes
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:37:07 PM by corkd »

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2017, 07:48:54 PM »
Yes, this is  No-knead mix (terrible gluteen structure) and the final step levain on the peel. This is a simple focaccia. If you need to give structure and strenght to dough you must mix with spiral or max 75% hydros with hands. No-knead is a random gluteen bonds in a blob of dough and in my opinion  is the worst typologies of mix. I segguest you to bake directly on stone because is more simple to have a structure/holes and dough receive immediatly the high temperature and the no-strecthed shape permit to manipulate at minimum the dough. Try hand  mix  at 75%  hydros with stops .... Over 75% is useless without spiral. After a lot of tests try to stretch and bake in a pan ...with time and experience you can reach a good Pizza in teglia

Offline Matthew

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2017, 08:00:15 PM »
I'm confused. I thought that the pizza bianca from both Campo de' Fiori and Roscioli was baked directly on the oven floor.

Rolls

Roscioli does both

Offline rpmfla

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2018, 02:57:04 PM »
I think the Bianca is baked on the oven floor while the Pizza al Taglia is placed in a pan.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2018, 03:05:03 PM »
I think the Bianca is baked on the oven floor while the Pizza al Taglia is placed in a pan.

Bianca means white regardless of how it's baked.  Technically any pizza without sauce can be classified as pizza bianca. Al Taglio, Al metro, tonda, etc.

Matt

Offline parallei

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2018, 06:02:00 PM »

Bianca means white regardless of how it's baked.  Technically any pizza without sauce can be classified as pizza bianca. Al Taglio, Al metro, tonda, etc.

Matt

PJ's does a bianca too... :-D... :-X

Offline rpmfla

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2018, 11:39:49 AM »

Matt

I guess I should have waited for someone with more knowledge before I added my post. I was going by what I heard in some of the many Roman Pizza style vids I have been watching lately...specifically, The Pizza Show Rome episode. Now I realize I should have written Teglia (pan) instead of Taglio (cut?). There is a scene where Bonci is holding up a pan and tapping it with his hand saying "Teglia". Also in that same episode a baker at Antico Forno Roscioli talks about the 6 foot long style pizza dough as Pizza Bianca (at about the 4:20 mark of the vid), so I assumed that was the style not indicative of what went on it...or didn't.

I'm just learning about the Roman style, and do not speak Italian, so I was incorrect. I apologize for providing incorrect information.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 11:42:11 AM by rpmfla »

Offline parallei

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2018, 12:38:02 PM »
........... I was going by what I heard in some of the many Roman Pizza style vids I have been watching lately..

It is confusing!  Pizza bianca is also commonly associated with Forno Campo di Fiori in Rome.  If you search the forum for older posts on pizza bianca, you'll find references to Forno Campo di Fiori.  It can be topped (no longer bianca I guess!) or split and stuffed with goodies.

Here is a link to a YouTube video concerning Forno Campo di Fiori:

wordpress