A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pineapple?  (Read 2040 times)

Offline jsaras

Re: Pineapple?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
Pizzeria Mozza shaves tissue-thin slices of pineapple on one of their pizzas along with speck and jalapeno
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline ccgus

• Maybe Pizza?
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »
I think pineapple + pepperoni/salami can go together if done right. I've had it on NY style pizzas, and it can be really good if something spicy is added (see: https://maybepizza.com/archives/2012/4/the_merlin.html for a post + pic I wrote about it a while back).

I've had it on Neo style pizzas, and I don't think it works quite as well there. I do like the pineapple to be in smaller chunks though.

Offline Dangerous Salumi

• Using our home grown culture to leaven our dough
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 06:20:01 PM »
I tried a pepperoni and pineapple pizza the other day and didn't like it. I thought for sure I'd like it, as I like Hawaiian and figured pepperoni would be even better than ham, but somehow it didn't work for me. I do, however, make a great bbq chicken, bacon, ranch, goat cheese and pineapple pizza which is my current favorite. I bet I can get away with avocado on there too. Damn, I bet I can sneak a jalapeno in there, too. For the super bowl maybe.

Dole chunk pineapple in juice with the pieces cut thin, Costco lunch meat ham cut into pieces, 7/11 ( I highly reccommend this and use it right out of the can)  Mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano. So good.

I don't think pepperoni would go well with pineapple.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 06:24:09 PM by Dangerous Salumi »
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline Dangerous Salumi

• Using our home grown culture to leaven our dough
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2017, 06:22:48 PM »
Pizzeria Mozza shaves tissue-thin slices of pineapple on one of their pizzas along with speck and jalapeno

I'm really Jones'n for a pie right now.
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline rlslmshdy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 11:12:08 AM »
Havnt tried it myself but the fruitiness of habaneros may go well on a pineapple pizza.

Offline RPCLady

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 12:22:51 PM »
The only canned pineapple that was sweet enough was the Del Monte which we used to be able to get through FSA or Cash & Carry (Smart & Final) in #10 cans... but they discontinued it.  We can't locate it anywhere.   It was with 100% juice.   Its been 2 yrs now since it was no longer distributed.   We now use the FSA brand in 100% juice.  I just hate all that extra sugar..... Maybe we should try the heavy syrup, but YUCK!    At least I can eat the pineapple. if we start buying the types canned with syrup I won't be able to eat the pineapple anymore!

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2018, 08:52:07 AM »
The only canned pineapple that was sweet enough was the Del Monte which we used to be able to get through FSA or Cash & Carry (Smart & Final) in #10 cans... but they discontinued it.  We can't locate it anywhere.   It was with 100% juice.   Its been 2 yrs now since it was no longer distributed.   We now use the FSA brand in 100% juice.  I just hate all that extra sugar..... Maybe we should try the heavy syrup, but YUCK!    At least I can eat the pineapple. if we start buying the types canned with syrup I won't be able to eat the pineapple anymore!

Try growing your own pineapple.  Very easy.  No more canned, green pineapple.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 10:37:22 AM »
Try growing your own pineapple.  Very easy.  No more canned, green pineapple.

At one point, I had as many as 35 growing in my yard. I'd get 20-25 pineapples in a typical year. I'm down to 8 now.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2018, 10:04:33 PM »
One of my favorite NY style pizzas is pineapple, red onion and fresh jalapeno or serrano peppers, sometimes I add ricotta too.  It has to be baked until slightly charred and the toppings have dehydrated some, hence the NY style and not Neapolitan. 

wordpress