A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Adjaruli Khachapuri  (Read 2444 times)

Offline bethj

• Pizza! Pizza!
Re: Adjaruli Khachapuri
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2020, 12:27:28 PM »
I believe you could easily size these up or down, depending on how you wanted to serve it, and for how many folks.  I can see easily cutting it up for an appetizer, as in this photo (which I copped off of Reddit):

Offline nickyr

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2020, 01:01:17 AM »
A few questions about these:
  • They are supposed to be one per diner, correct?
  • How much cheese are you adding to each?
  • Were you able to find the cheese in an Eastern European market, or elsewhere?
  • If one can find the traditional cheese, that is the only cheese that is used traditionally?  The recipes I have seen call for a mix of different cheeses, but maybe they are aiming for a flavor/texture that is achieved when only using the traditional cheese.
Iíve been basing things off The NY Times recipe, which is quite large. It claims one is big enough for two people. I am a very tall person so I make two for two people. Itís too much food but I eat it anyway. I think Beth is right that they could easily be scaled.

180 g of cheese each

Rose International Market in Mountain View, California. Itís mostly a middle-eastern market.

I saw recipes using just Sulguni, some doing a mix of Sulguni and feta, and some doing Sulguni and imeruli, another Georgian cheese. I donít know whatís most commonly done in Georgia.

Offline Peter B

• Irish American Guy+Filipino Wife=Italian food??
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2020, 08:07:11 AM »
Rose International Market in Mountain View, California. Itís mostly a middle-eastern market.

I saw recipes using just Sulguni, some doing a mix of Sulguni and feta, and some doing Sulguni and imeruli, another Georgian cheese. I donít know whatís most commonly done in Georgia.

Perfect - thanks.  There are some Middle Eastern markets around here, and I thought (until yesterday) that there was an Eastern European market near here (it apparently closed in the last month or so).  I will take a look in the Middle Eastern markets. 

The more I think about it, the more that I think I might try the sulguni on its own (if I can find it), just to have the pure taste.  If it seems like it needs something, I can always try blending it with other things later.
I said to my little one, "come here so I can change you".
He said "change only comes from within".  :-/

Offline nickyr

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2020, 10:08:25 PM »
Perfect - thanks.  There are some Middle Eastern markets around here, and I thought (until yesterday) that there was an Eastern European market near here (it apparently closed in the last month or so).  I will take a look in the Middle Eastern markets. 

The more I think about it, the more that I think I might try the sulguni on its own (if I can find it), just to have the pure taste.  If it seems like it needs something, I can always try blending it with other things later.
Sounds good! I am undecided as to which was better. I donít think youíll feel like anything is missing :-)

Offline nickyr

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2020, 10:09:55 PM »
This is the brand I found, btw

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress