A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: White Cheddar for NY/East Coast  (Read 2757 times)

Online Minolta Rokkor

• We stand on the shoulders of giants.
Re: White Cheddar for NY/East Coast
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 02:21:46 PM »
Any of you guys using Cracker Barrel find it oily? I'm using 50% mozz, 50% CB cheddar, both whole milk.
it is oily, yes.
Pizza is about balance, nothing more nothing less

Offline Dangerous Salumi

• Using our home grown culture to leaven our dough
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2018, 11:37:18 AM »
I'm currently working on a cheese blend, actually, consisting of WM mozza and Extra sharp white cheddar (Cracker Barrel brand/Kraft). So far, all my taste testers loved the combo. Mozza alone is somewhat bland depending on the brand but this combo takes it up a notch. Add some aged hard cheese to it and you'll have a winner. I found that the Cracker Barrel has the best melting of most I've tested. It's creamy and blends well with the mozzarella.

Currently I'm at 70% WM mozza and 30% sharp white cheddar.

Bump
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline rascali

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 11:08:08 PM »
Any of you guys using Cracker Barrel find it oily? I'm using 50% mozz, 50% CB cheddar, both whole milk.

Ah, Cracker Barrel, I knew it well... It was always my go-to cheese for M&C, back when it was real cheese - you know, when you could see the curd and the bar would break with texture. Now its this homogenized waxy, oily, over-processed mess that is no longer REAL food.

Ive been happy with the Cabot...

Offline NepaBill

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2019, 07:03:12 AM »
I use Land O'Lakes mild cheddar..  It is only available at restaurant supply..  Supermarkets do not carry this.  It comes in a 40lb block..  Fortunately, where I live there is a pizza supply business open to the public that will sell it by the 5lb piece..  It is only like $2.25/lb..  It is very mild and creamy..  It's not a sharp cheddar.  It is used by many pizza shops in my area, either in a blend, or used straight..  The supplier that I buy from told me that they sell 30,000 pounds a month..  That is impressive considering there are not the only pizza supply business in the area..  We are blessed with numerous Mom & Pop pizza businesses where I live..  As a result, there are at least 5 cash and carry places open to the public..  Here is an online store selling it..  I never purchased cheese online..  I wouldn't have room for 40lbs.  LOL..  Just wanted to share..  https://www.webstaurantstore.com/white-mild-cheddar-cheese-40-lb-block/875774105.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxYLoBRCxARIsAEf16-uL8rxIrJaSejFIwUeon4EV-wEKmOmW06gY11rsSbBX7uyG7d55X2AaAqfLEALw_wcB

Online Minolta Rokkor

• We stand on the shoulders of giants.
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2019, 07:40:14 AM »
Cracker Barrel cheese isn't all that. Kerrygold Skellig and Kerygold Dubliner are superior cheeses. They're amazing on pizza.
Pizza is about balance, nothing more nothing less

Online Fiorot

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2019, 04:15:04 PM »
Cracker Barrel cheese isn't all that. Kerrygold Skellig and Kerygold Dubliner are superior cheeses. They're amazing on pizza.
Is it oily?

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2019, 10:53:31 AM »
I used cracker barrel extra sharp last bake instead of cabot, my wife immediately noticed the difference. If you like strong flavors, give it a try. BJs carries 1.5 pound blocks for a good price.
"Is that a pie fit for a king
A wondrous sweet
And most particular thing?" - sweeney todd

wordpress