A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Dough balls spreading  (Read 315 times)

Offline MadMatt

• I Love Pizza!
Dough balls spreading
« on: September 18, 2017, 07:42:54 PM »
I ball my dough  but they always end up spreading  so much that  hardly get a chance to shape the pizza as its already half way to size.

What's the deal what am I doing wrong? is there any disadvantage to this? I mean it takes seconds to get the pizza the shape I want but it feels too quick. I make the rim, finger press the dough even then pick it up, stretch the dough by hanging the edge  on my knuckles and letting gravity do the work.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
Re: Dough balls spreading
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 09:18:07 PM »
The simple answer is to ball the dough tighter, but it might be more than that so we'll need to know your dough formula and dough management procedure before adding any more than that. Also, please tell us what you can about your flour.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline positanopepe

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Dough balls spreading
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 02:44:40 PM »
I ball my dough  but they always end up spreading  so much that  hardly get a chance to shape the pizza as its already half way to size.

What's the deal what am I doing wrong? is there any disadvantage to this? I mean it takes seconds to get the pizza the shape I want but it feels too quick. I make the rim, finger press the dough even then pick it up, stretch the dough by hanging the edge  on my knuckles and letting gravity do the work.

Try balling it after 24hr cold ferment in the fridge

wordpress