A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: European Pizza Rolls  (Read 627 times)

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
European Pizza Rolls
« on: October 12, 2017, 11:22:28 PM »
Those are the little fluffy, warm rolls you are served in Italian Pizzerias all over Europe. Popular condiments are garlic-herb butter (warm roll and butter...to die for!) or a dipping sauce such as marinara or pesto. They usually come 6 in a cloth-lined basket, warm and are just amazing.

These are the basic yeast rolls but I've seen all kinds of variations,...rustic, rye-style, whole wheat, etc.

If you want to try these, use your regular pizza dough recipe and substitute 50 grams of water with milk, up the yeast to 6 grams, olive oil to 25 grams and sugar to 12 grams. 500 grams of flour for about 32 rolls.
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline 00rgiles

• I Love Pizza!
Re: European Pizza Rolls
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 04:27:41 AM »
These look excellent, so once you have the dough ready to ball as with Pizza, you break into small balls and then just round them off and cook them? Thatís it? Any cold fermentation or room temp rising?

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
Re: European Pizza Rolls
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 05:29:08 PM »
These look excellent, so once you have the dough ready to ball as with Pizza, you break into small balls and then just round them off and cook them? Thatís it? Any cold fermentation or room temp rising?

Just let the dough double at room temp then divide into 4 equals pieces, form each into a roll and cut it into 8 pieces with a dough or pizza cutter. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 400F (200C) for 15-20 mins.
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

A D V E R T I S E M E N T