A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: International Pizza Expo  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Ogwoodfire

Re: International Pizza Expo
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2018, 12:37:31 PM »
I had the chance to attend also. It was a really great week with a lot of good pizza (a lot bad too). The the highlight of the week for me was being introduced to Antonio Starita by a mutual friend. He sat us down at his table and made us the most amazing Marinara I have ever had, so soft, light and flavorful. It also seems many were unhappy with the way the Neapolitan pizza competition was judged and from what I saw in the winning pizza it was a bit of a head scratcher to me also. I competed in non traditional and was a bit unhappy with the way the contest was ran. Unfortuenlty it was far from the blind judging it was supposed to be but Iíll leave it at that. Iím hoping the Caputo cup holds the integrity of the judging it had last year. Regardless it was a enjoyable week and Iíll be back next year.

(The last pic was a demo for the contest from my restaurant)

Offline halfprice

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2018, 12:43:58 PM »
Out of curiosity what does it cost to attend the expo.  DO they charge by the day or is it for the entire show.

Yes I know its not open to the general public.   

Jerry

Offline jvp123

• Trying to make my perfect pizza ...
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2018, 02:35:12 PM »
Mike, I think you have the Waring countertop oven if I recall correctly, but any others there that caught your eye for NY style?
Jeff

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2018, 03:27:03 PM »
I had the chance to attend also. It was a really great week with a lot of good pizza (a lot bad too). The the highlight of the week for me was being introduced to Antonio Starita by a mutual friend. He sat us down at his table and made us the most amazing Marinara I have ever had, so soft, light and flavorful. It also seems many were unhappy with the way the Neapolitan pizza competition was judged and from what I saw in the winning pizza it was a bit of a head scratcher to me also. I competed in non traditional and was a bit unhappy with the way the contest was ran. Unfortuenlty it was far from the blind judging it was supposed to be but Iíll leave it at that. Iím hoping the Caputo cup holds the integrity of the judging it had last year. Regardless it was a enjoyable week and Iíll be back next year.

(The last pic was a demo for the contest from my restaurant)

Pizza looks great! I watched the Traditional for a bit but had to leave. The judges seemed not to be really into it, they looked disinterested.
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2018, 03:27:59 PM »
Out of curiosity what does it cost to attend the expo.  DO they charge by the day or is it for the entire show.

Yes I know its not open to the general public.   

Jerry

I believe it's $220 for four days. You can get a day pass for $100.
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2018, 03:31:59 PM »
Mike, I think you have the Waring countertop oven if I recall correctly, but any others there that caught your eye for NY style?

Jeff, I didn't really look out for any countertop ovens but came across the Donna Italia oven, which might be interesting. I don't know the price point, though.

And when I visited the Cuppone booth and spoke with the reps there, I looked into their Tiziano models which come in different sizes. The TZ420 or TZ425 might be cool. Don't know the price of those two models but the TZ430/2M runs $3,200 new.

http://www.pizzaequipmentpros.com/cuppone-tiziano/
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 03:53:33 PM by Essen1 »
Mike

Offline jvp123

• Trying to make my perfect pizza ...
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2018, 06:26:02 PM »
Jeff, I didn't really look out for any countertop ovens but came across the Donna Italia oven, which might be interesting. I don't know the price point, though.

And when I visited the Cuppone booth and spoke with the reps there, I looked into their Tiziano models which come in different sizes. The TZ420 or TZ425 might be cool. Don't know the price of those two models but the TZ430/2M runs $3,200 new.

http://www.pizzaequipmentpros.com/cuppone-tiziano/

Interesting ovens - thanks so much, Mike!
Jeff

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2018, 10:03:56 PM »
It's a Ceky - Univex is the importer now.

I didn't know about that one!

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2018, 10:40:56 PM »
Scott,

Pic from the brochure.
Mike

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2018, 10:50:53 AM »
Thx guys, love the help here.

Offline halfprice

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2018, 11:18:20 AM »
I believe it's $220 for four days. You can get a day pass for $100.
Thank you

Jerry

Offline woodfiredandrew

• follow your passion!
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2018, 02:56:21 PM »
NO........i missed it, got carried away a bit somewhere else..

Offline woodfiredandrew

• follow your passion!
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2018, 05:39:19 PM »
There was a company called Italforni they had conveyor oven where conveyor was covered with stones. it goes up to 840 f . i tried their pizza it was pretty good and the best part you could not tell where it was cooked ( gas,wood or electric) . 
That little blue oven goes for 6k/pc , can only cook one at a time. i though that was bit pricey.  :-D   

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2018, 06:30:38 PM »
I've always been very intrigued by that italforni. Zume is using it to great success. I've never had a pizza from the oven.

There was a company called Italforni they had conveyor oven where conveyor was covered with stones. it goes up to 840 f . i tried their pizza it was pretty good and the best part you could not tell where it was cooked ( gas,wood or electric) . 
That little blue oven goes for 6k/pc , can only cook one at a time. i though that was bit pricey.  :-D   

Offline woodfiredandrew

• follow your passion!
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2018, 02:45:01 PM »
I've always been very intrigued by that italforni. Zume is using it to great success. I've never had a pizza from the oven.

They have told me they have a location about 150 miles from me, i am planning to take my dough there to try out. Whole food used them in their Hawaii location. that means no more Mara Forni. United states navy bought few also.............   

Offline Qarl

• Exploring the world of pizza, one pie at a time!
    • Black Pug Brewing
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2018, 03:39:13 PM »
Maybe I should go next year.  We can all meet up!!!
Pizza, beekeeping, bourbon, banjos, home brewing, cooking in general, sous vide, lever espresso machines, coffee roasting, BBQ, etc.  I love to do it all and learn to make it for myself...