A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Marco's Pizza opening in my hometown  (Read 9892 times)

Offline Pab

• Pizza Please.
Re: Marco's Pizza opening in my hometown
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 12:34:18 PM »
Excellent and interesting topic here for an outsider like me.Peter you certainly know your home work.
Myself i will not entertain the big chain of pizza outlets.

Here in England the one`s we have mainly are Domino's,Pizza Hut and PJ(getting larger) and Pizza Express. I went to a so called bespoke(small chain) pizza restaurant the other month only to find out it is owned by Pizza Hut and uses brought in frozen dough. Not good when it sells the illusion of authenticity.

To me, places like the above are run by accountants.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 03:02:24 PM »
Excellent and interesting topic here for an outsider like me.Peter you certainly know your home work.
Myself i will not entertain the big chain of pizza outlets.

Here in England the one`s we have mainly are Domino's,Pizza Hut and PJ(getting larger) and Pizza Express. I went to a so called bespoke(small chain) pizza restaurant the other month only to find out it is owned by Pizza Hut and uses brought in frozen dough. Not good when it sells the illusion of authenticity.

To me, places like the above are run by accountants.
Pab,

There is perhaps a lot of truth to your comment about the accountants. But for John Schnatter, the founder and top executive at Papa John's, selling a lot of pizzas to a lot of people has its benefits.

To begin, John Schnatter is worth about 710 million dollars (according to Forbes):

http://www.forbes.com/profile/john-schnatter/

and the PJ stock price is at almost all-time high:

http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/PZZA?ltr=1 (click on MAX for the price chart).

and he has quite an estate (below).

Peter

Offline Pab

• Pizza Please.
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2016, 11:28:00 AM »
Peter

Yes i agree and good of him for the economy sake.But it just illustrates that there is a lot lot of mark up in pizzas compared to other food outlets.
We all know i`m sure, that one can make excellent pizza for basically handful of change. I wouldn't say that if i was to compare it to say prime meat or fish based fast food were animal welfare,environmental and sustainability issues inflate the price somewhat.

Slightly off post from the original topic.

Cheers.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress