A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Cheelote - hot Cheetos, corn, crema, mayo, garlic, cilantro, and mozzarella  (Read 337 times)

Offline byamit

KABF, 70% hydration, 0.5% IDY, 2.5% salt. Bulk cold rise for 18 hours, balled and cold rise for another 36 hours. I baked on the Blackstone at 680F for about 4 minutes. The crust was airy, crunchy but still with a little bit of chew to it.

The toppings - I went to a Mexican restaurant in LA that served grilled corn covered in crema, mayo, hot cheetos, and garlic. So I figured...I wonder how this taste on a pizza with some mozzarella. And it is amazing. The hot cheetos, crema, mayo, and cilantro go on after the bake. The spice and crunch of the cheetos was a nice balance to the creaminess of the mayo and crema.

But let's be honest. I could only really get through a slice and a half before my body started to feel the mayo and crema. It's definitely not a kind of pizza that I can sit and eat in one sitting, so I'll wait till the next pizza party to bring it back.

Other suggestions for eclectic toppings?

Offline norcoscia

• I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
Looks like a pro job byamit, only suggestion I can think of is try my online dough calculator www.mypizzamaster.com

Then you can save your tape for painting  :-D
Norm
Baker's Pride GP-61 NG and PizzaParty Ardore (with saputo tiles) LP
Focus is NY style but do others too
Preferred Flour (for NY pies) is All Trumps BB
Preferred temperature for NY is 550F, for NP 900+F
Preferred type of yeast IDY

Offline nickyr

• Supporting Member
Wow thatís actually very pretty! Here are some similarly odd toppings Iíve done: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=54981

You may be most interested in the Doritos, which I put on before the bake and turned out surprisingly well.

Offline byamit

Wow thatís actually very pretty! Here are some similarly odd toppings Iíve done: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=54981

You may be most interested in the Doritos, which I put on before the bake and turned out surprisingly well.

Awesome - actually the Korean one piqued my interest. I definitely want to do a korean inspired pizza next. I may "borrow" a little from yours :)

Offline nickyr

• Supporting Member

Awesome - actually the Korean one piqued my interest. I definitely want to do a korean inspired pizza next. I may "borrow" a little from yours :)

Please do, I may do the same from yours! My friend Akshay has already been asking about Cheetos...lmk if you have any insights about the merits of putting them on before the bake vs after.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T