A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Bakers Pride Compact Oven - M02T find  (Read 2872 times)

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
Re: Bakers Pride Compact Oven - M02T find
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 08:44:58 AM »
Thanks Norma - I like cleaning up and fixing stuff. I cant wait to see how it cooks....

PS. Hope your Thanksgiving holiday was fantastic and also hoping Santa brings you something your really want on XMAS  :pizza:
Norm
Baker's Pride GP-61 NG, Baker's Pride M02T 220V, PizzaParty Ardore (with saputo tiles) LP
Focus is NY style but do others too
Preferred Flour (for NY pies) is All Trumps BB
Preferred temperature for NY is 550F, for NP 900+F
Preferred type of yeast IDY

Offline enchant

• Supporting Member
  • World-class pizza maker in the making
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »
So much material corroded away on the bushing and door hinge bars I ordered new ones

I'd think that somehow you wound up with one of the ones I got rid of, but I know that they both went to Haiti.  You didn't buy it in Haiti, did you? ;)
--pat--

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 09:37:31 AM »
Nope   :)
Norm
Baker's Pride GP-61 NG, Baker's Pride M02T 220V, PizzaParty Ardore (with saputo tiles) LP

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 02:20:52 PM »
Just pulled my handle out of the tub of oxalic acid - that stuff worked great - now I just need to polish and wax so it does not rust again. Just made some dough - getting close  ;D
Norm

Offline Dangerous Salumi

• Using our home grown culture to leaven our dough
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 08:53:31 PM »
I would really like to see how well this model works. I'm already checking Craigslist NYC for one.
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 07:13:35 AM »
I'll be cooking in it tonight or tomorrow night depending on how much time I have today - I'll post pictures here.... - If I had a choice I'd look for a P22 model vice this one since the P22 will allow you to cook a 20 inch pies with room to spare. If you have 220 I go with that version also.

I don't expect it to cook as well as a full size production pizza oven - but I'm hoping it is better than my home oven, plus it will allow me to try some bakes in the 600-700 degree range.
Norm

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 08:37:58 AM »
I'll be cooking in it tonight or tomorrow night depending on how much time I have today - I'll post pictures here.... - If I had a choice I'd look for a P22 model vice this one since the P22 will allow you to cook a 20 inch pies with room to spare. If you have 220 I go with that version also.

I don't expect it to cook as well as a full size production pizza oven - but I'm hoping it is better than my home oven, plus it will allow me to try some bakes in the 600-700 degree range.

I started doing some research on the used  M02T, P18, P22, parts sources etc. I agree 220V is most desirable.
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 06:25:58 PM »
Doooode,
People are waiting to see if that box makes good pies or if you burned down your house.
Get back to us!
Have a Dangerous day!

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 07:17:49 PM »
 :-D

Just turned it on 5 min ago - funny, I did pull out the fire extinguisher - just to have it handy.....

PS. I really wanted to floor it (all the way to 700 degrees) -- but I decide to do the first cook at 625 in case I need to do more than the minor (sugar) recipe adjustment I already made....
Norm

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2017, 08:45:42 PM »
:-D

Just turned it on 5 min ago - funny, I did pull out the fire extinguisher - just to have it handy.....

PS. I really wanted to floor it (all the way to 700 degrees) -- but I decide to do the first cook at 625 in case I need to do more than the minor (sugar) recipe adjustment I already made....

Pics or it didn't happen
Have a Dangerous day!

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »
Pics or it didn't happen

Post your research or it didn't happen  :-D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Loarina Vega

• I Love Fried Dough Pizza
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2017, 09:38:58 PM »
Doooode,
People are waiting to see if that box makes good pies or if you burned down your house.
Get back to us!
      ....... And Waiting........   😌...

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2017, 07:15:25 AM »
Post your research or it didn't happen  :-D

Google is your friend. Don't be afraid to ask it things.
Have a Dangerous day!

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2017, 08:17:35 AM »
Google is your friend. Don't be afraid to ask it things.

You're a funny guy.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2017, 08:40:59 AM »
Sorry everyone - ate too much pizza and fell asleep before posting - pizza coma  :-D

I posted a bunch of photos and info here:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=26286.msg507034#msg507034

But here is a teaser - the oven cooked great - held temps for almost 15 mins before cycling the heat on and came up to temp very quick. I was amazed how even the oven cooked back to front and side to side - I did rotate once but I really did not have to.
Norm

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2017, 10:13:56 AM »
Norm, great looking pizza.  For inquiring minds, you say it came up to temp quick -  care to put that in terms of minutes.  I think I posted elsewhere that on my 120 volt model, when I added the extra thick 1 inch stones, it took about an hour or more to pre heat.   

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2017, 10:30:21 AM »
Thanks, Barry ;D

The oven was in my garage (and the temp was 55 degrees). The oven took about ~40 min to get up to 625 degrees (from 55 degrees) - once it got there, it was rock solid - since it was my first time cooking with it I let it sit for a full hour before I started making my pizza - plus it had a tiny amount of smoke & smell from all the cleaning product I used. It started to run clean after about 10 min more at 625.

During that last 20 min I don't remember the elements ever coming on (which amazed me). I even opened the door for a second to read the top stone with my IR gun - it was 624 degrees (right on the money). Once I put the pie in it took a few mins and it cycled on for a min or two - went off and didn't not come back on until the pie was about done (and I had opened the door at least two times to peek at the pie's progress).

I'll pay better attention next time - I was a little freaked out cooking in it for the first time - plus, stuff like where to put the peel down (workflow) was a learning experience - next time I'll clean my workbench off first  :-D

PS. stones were the originals - I did not measure them but I'd guess they are 1/2 inch.....
Norm

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2017, 11:18:53 AM »
Forgot my wife took this photo.
Norm

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2017, 07:43:20 PM »
Very happy for you, Norm!

Looks like you are having a blast so far.  ;D
Mike

“All styles of pizza are valid. I make the best I’m capable of; you should make the best you’re capable of. I don’t want to make somebody else’s pizza.” ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2017, 07:47:53 PM »
Thanks, Barry ;D

The oven was in my garage (and the temp was 55 degrees). The oven took about ~40 min to get up to 625 degrees (from 55 degrees) - once it got there, it was rock solid - since it was my first time cooking with it I let it sit for a full hour before I started making my pizza - plus it had a tiny amount of smoke & smell from all the cleaning product I used. It started to run clean after about 10 min more at 625.

During that last 20 min I don't remember the elements ever coming on (which amazed me). I even opened the door for a second to read the top stone with my IR gun - it was 624 degrees (right on the money). Once I put the pie in it took a few mins and it cycled on for a min or two - went off and didn't not come back on until the pie was about done (and I had opened the door at least two times to peek at the pie's progress).

I'll pay better attention next time - I was a little freaked out cooking in it for the first time - plus, stuff like where to put the peel down (workflow) was a learning experience - next time I'll clean my workbench off first  :-D

PS. stones were the originals - I did not measure them but I'd guess they are 1/2 inch.....

Nice slice.
Thanks
Seriously looking at a few Bakers Pride pizza ovens now.
Have a Dangerous day!

wordpress