A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Bakers Pride Compact Oven - M02T find  (Read 2238 times)

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
Re: Bakers Pride Compact Oven - M02T find
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 08:44:58 AM »
Thanks Norma - I like cleaning up and fixing stuff. I cant wait to see how it cooks....

PS. Hope your Thanksgiving holiday was fantastic and also hoping Santa brings you something your really want on XMAS  :pizza:
Norm

Offline enchant

• Supporting Member
  • World-class pizza maker in the making
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »
So much material corroded away on the bushing and door hinge bars I ordered new ones

I'd think that somehow you wound up with one of the ones I got rid of, but I know that they both went to Haiti.  You didn't buy it in Haiti, did you? ;)
--pat--

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 09:37:31 AM »
Nope   :)
Norm

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 02:20:52 PM »
Just pulled my handle out of the tub of oxalic acid - that stuff worked great - now I just need to polish and wax so it does not rust again. Just made some dough - getting close  ;D
Norm

Offline Dangerous Salumi

• Using our home grown culture to leaven our dough
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 08:53:31 PM »
I would really like to see how well this model works. I'm already checking Craigslist NYC for one.
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 07:13:35 AM »
I'll be cooking in it tonight or tomorrow night depending on how much time I have today - I'll post pictures here.... - If I had a choice I'd look for a P22 model vice this one since the P22 will allow you to cook a 20 inch pies with room to spare. If you have 220 I go with that version also.

I don't expect it to cook as well as a full size production pizza oven - but I'm hoping it is better than my home oven, plus it will allow me to try some bakes in the 600-700 degree range.
Norm

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 08:37:58 AM »
I'll be cooking in it tonight or tomorrow night depending on how much time I have today - I'll post pictures here.... - If I had a choice I'd look for a P22 model vice this one since the P22 will allow you to cook a 20 inch pies with room to spare. If you have 220 I go with that version also.

I don't expect it to cook as well as a full size production pizza oven - but I'm hoping it is better than my home oven, plus it will allow me to try some bakes in the 600-700 degree range.

I started doing some research on the used  M02T, P18, P22, parts sources etc. I agree 220V is most desirable.
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 06:25:58 PM »
Doooode,
People are waiting to see if that box makes good pies or if you burned down your house.
Get back to us!
Have a Dangerous day!

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 07:17:49 PM »
 :-D

Just turned it on 5 min ago - funny, I did pull out the fire extinguisher - just to have it handy.....

PS. I really wanted to floor it (all the way to 700 degrees) -- but I decide to do the first cook at 625 in case I need to do more than the minor (sugar) recipe adjustment I already made....
Norm

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2017, 08:45:42 PM »
:-D

Just turned it on 5 min ago - funny, I did pull out the fire extinguisher - just to have it handy.....

PS. I really wanted to floor it (all the way to 700 degrees) -- but I decide to do the first cook at 625 in case I need to do more than the minor (sugar) recipe adjustment I already made....

Pics or it didn't happen
Have a Dangerous day!

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »
Pics or it didn't happen

Post your research or it didn't happen  :-D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Loarina Vega

• I Love Fried Dough Pizza
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2017, 09:38:58 PM »
Doooode,
People are waiting to see if that box makes good pies or if you burned down your house.
Get back to us!
      ....... And Waiting........   😌...

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2017, 07:15:25 AM »
Post your research or it didn't happen  :-D

Google is your friend. Don't be afraid to ask it things.
Have a Dangerous day!

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2017, 08:17:35 AM »
Google is your friend. Don't be afraid to ask it things.

You're a funny guy.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2017, 08:40:59 AM »
Sorry everyone - ate too much pizza and fell asleep before posting - pizza coma  :-D

I posted a bunch of photos and info here:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=26286.msg507034#msg507034

But here is a teaser - the oven cooked great - held temps for almost 15 mins before cycling the heat on and came up to temp very quick. I was amazed how even the oven cooked back to front and side to side - I did rotate once but I really did not have to.
Norm

Offline barryvabeach

• Supporting Member
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2017, 10:13:56 AM »
Norm, great looking pizza.  For inquiring minds, you say it came up to temp quick -  care to put that in terms of minutes.  I think I posted elsewhere that on my 120 volt model, when I added the extra thick 1 inch stones, it took about an hour or more to pre heat.   

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2017, 10:30:21 AM »
Thanks, Barry ;D

The oven was in my garage (and the temp was 55 degrees). The oven took about ~40 min to get up to 625 degrees (from 55 degrees) - once it got there, it was rock solid - since it was my first time cooking with it I let it sit for a full hour before I started making my pizza - plus it had a tiny amount of smoke & smell from all the cleaning product I used. It started to run clean after about 10 min more at 625.

During that last 20 min I don't remember the elements ever coming on (which amazed me). I even opened the door for a second to read the top stone with my IR gun - it was 624 degrees (right on the money). Once I put the pie in it took a few mins and it cycled on for a min or two - went off and didn't not come back on until the pie was about done (and I had opened the door at least two times to peek at the pie's progress).

I'll pay better attention next time - I was a little freaked out cooking in it for the first time - plus, stuff like where to put the peel down (workflow) was a learning experience - next time I'll clean my workbench off first  :-D

PS. stones were the originals - I did not measure them but I'd guess they are 1/2 inch.....
Norm

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2017, 11:18:53 AM »
Forgot my wife took this photo.
Norm

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2017, 07:43:20 PM »
Very happy for you, Norm!

Looks like you are having a blast so far.  ;D
Mike

“All styles of pizza are valid. I make the best I’m capable of; you should make the best you’re capable of. I don’t want to make somebody else’s pizza.” ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2017, 07:47:53 PM »
Thanks, Barry ;D

The oven was in my garage (and the temp was 55 degrees). The oven took about ~40 min to get up to 625 degrees (from 55 degrees) - once it got there, it was rock solid - since it was my first time cooking with it I let it sit for a full hour before I started making my pizza - plus it had a tiny amount of smoke & smell from all the cleaning product I used. It started to run clean after about 10 min more at 625.

During that last 20 min I don't remember the elements ever coming on (which amazed me). I even opened the door for a second to read the top stone with my IR gun - it was 624 degrees (right on the money). Once I put the pie in it took a few mins and it cycled on for a min or two - went off and didn't not come back on until the pie was about done (and I had opened the door at least two times to peek at the pie's progress).

I'll pay better attention next time - I was a little freaked out cooking in it for the first time - plus, stuff like where to put the peel down (workflow) was a learning experience - next time I'll clean my workbench off first  :-D

PS. stones were the originals - I did not measure them but I'd guess they are 1/2 inch.....

Nice slice.
Thanks
Seriously looking at a few Bakers Pride pizza ovens now.
Have a Dangerous day!