A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: French style 4-cheese pizza  (Read 664 times)

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
French style 4-cheese pizza
« on: November 27, 2017, 05:10:47 AM »
Hello everybody !

I come sometimes to post... And here's my contribution of today : the French Style 4 Cheeses pizza !

What would be different from an Italian or American one ? Well, usually the Italian one would be : mozzarella, Gorgonzola, parmigiano and ricotta, no sauce. Let's say we just change some cheeses and we already get a basic French one : fresh cream or tomato sauce, emmental, roquefort (blue cheese from goat milk), goat cheese and mozzarella.

Now if you want a more tasty pizza, you can do like this : 2/3 cream and 1/3 blue cheese (roquefort would be better) (quantities can vary up to your taste), salt, pepper, nutmeg (a pinch or two, up to your taste), chopped fresh garlic (2-3 cloves). In a cooking pan, heat the garlic in a little bit of butter or olive oil. Add the cream, heat (no boiling), add the salt etc., add the cheese and keep stirring at low fire till the cheese has melted completely. Leave it cooling, it will thicken.

If you can not find fresh cream, try whipping cream, cream cheese/white cheese, or even mascarpone (if those are too thick you can add a little bit of milk). Adapt the salt according to the product (cream cheese would be more salty).

So now you have your pizza sauce.

Then add the cheeses I talk above, if you don't find emmental in the USA you can use Swiss cheese, I heard it's more common there.

Let me know if you need more info, let me know if you tried, and if so, post some pics !
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: French style 4-cheese pizza
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 09:53:58 AM »
The pizza looks wonderful. Emmental is widely available in the US. It's my favorite of the "Swiss" type cheeses to eat raw, but melted/cooked, I greatly prefer Jarlsberg.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 02:59:57 AM »
Hi Craig, I never heard about Jarlsberg's. Is it an American brand ?
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 08:52:26 AM »
It's from Norway, but I think it's also made in the US now.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 09:55:21 PM »
I checked on Google, I see the cheese. Seems I never tried, but it looks good ^^

Offline Dangerous Salumi

• Using our home grown culture to leaven our dough
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 07:24:56 PM »
Interesting.
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

wordpress