A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Road trip to NM, AZ and CA. Where to eat?  (Read 594 times)

Offline hbaseley

• I Love Pizza!
Road trip to NM, AZ and CA. Where to eat?
« on: January 04, 2018, 06:40:32 PM »
Hi! Our family is planning 15 day roundtrip drive from San Antonio, Texas to San Francisco, California. I would like to try some great pizza on the way. Any recommendations? I am not devoted to one style, just appreciate a really good pizza. While I would happily eat pizza on every leg of the trip, my family would not, so I am going to have to pick and choose.

The cities/areas we will be (briefly) visiting include: (1)Phoenix to (2) Los Angeles (3) Carmel-San Jose (4) San Francisco (5) Yosemite/Sequoia (camping, so probably not going for dinner, but open to lunch between parks or on the way to ) (5)Las Vegas to Grand Canyon to (6) Albuquerque to Carlsbad and back to SA.

Not counting on anything on our drive in Texas, but for those who visit here, my favorites in San Antonio are: Stella Public house and Dough. Favorite so far in Texas is Via 313 in Austin.

Thanks!

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
Re: Road trip to NM, AZ and CA. Where to eat?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:28:59 PM »
Some will argue that the best pizza in the country is in Phoenix at Pizzeria Bianco. You'll start your pizza crawl with a bang
Matt

Online Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:53:04 PM »
While I would happily eat pizza on every leg of the trip, my family would not, so I am going to have to pick and choose[/size].

I understand...the family members who aren't picked and chosen may get a little hungry though  :-D   It sounds like a great trip...Have fun, and yes, Bianco in PHX, Mozza in LA

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 01:22:50 AM »
I can only speak for the California part - if you have time near Los Gatos (just South of San Jose or a bit North of Santa Cruz) and you want a good Neapolitan pizza, try Oak & Rye.  http://www.oakandryepizza.com/  I don't always love the service and I hate the bathrooms, and the rest of their food is  hit or miss, but their pizza is probably the best you'll find between Carmel and San Francisco. 

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress