A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Procure quality pepperoni at home  (Read 538 times)

Offline peetzabone

Procure quality pepperoni at home
« on: January 16, 2018, 04:50:10 PM »
I don't have a Restaurant Depot near me so at this point I have to procure home goodies over the internet. My sister lives in Columbus and was shipping me Ezzo pepperoni but her contact dried up and they'll only sell a minimum of 10# to the public out the front door.

Is there any online resource for quality pepperoni that will ship smallish quantities and not charge two arms and a leg for shipping? I'd like to spend something like $10/lb for pepperoni, not $30.

PennMac is doing 1/2 priced shipping still so that's a solid option (although I don't have a meat slicer so I'll have to do that myself and that's not an easy task to get something close to consistent).

Something that just hit me: I wonder if someone at a grocery store would take shipment from a distributor for me?? Does anyone have experience where that works? Distributor gets a small sale, store turns a small profit and I get good cured meat!!??

Offline rlslmshdy

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Procure quality pepperoni at home
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 05:34:49 PM »
If you order from Penn Mac. They have ezzo sliced available.  With half price shipping its not that bad of a price.

Offline Hermit

• Supporting Member
  • I make do with what I have
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 05:37:36 PM »
Vermont pepperoni is available on amazon and other vendors online and its quite good.  Boars head also make a great stick pepperoni that's about $4 for a 5oz stick.  If you have a supermarket that sells boars head they should have it or can order it for you.

Offline PizzaGarage

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 10:23:57 PM »
Second that on penn mac

A high quality at the same level as Enzo is Liguria, I've seen it in deli's and supermarkets occasionally.

http://liguriafoods.com/products/

Offline mgcain12

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 08:08:59 AM »
While you are up on the Penn Mac site you should try the Grande Mozzarella/Provolone shredded mix - its quite good...

Offline peetzabone

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 01:06:25 PM »
If you order from Penn Mac. They have ezzo sliced available.  With half price shipping its not that bad of a price.

Thanks for the guidance. I was looking under "meats" not under "Pizza Ingredients" so I wasn't seeing it.

Offline peetzabone

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 01:07:15 PM »
Vermont pepperoni is available on amazon and other vendors online and its quite good.  Boars head also make a great stick pepperoni that's about $4 for a 5oz stick.  If you have a supermarket that sells boars head they should have it or can order it for you.

I was curious about Vermont. I'll give that a try too. Thanks!