A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: New business questions  (Read 502 times)

Offline DustinA

• I Love Pizza!
New business questions
« on: January 17, 2018, 02:26:07 PM »
Looking into starting up a Pizza Food Truck in my area and wanted to reach out to my peers who have more experience than I do.

What are some ideas or pitfalls that you wish you had known of prior to launching?  Where did you find success or failure that you weren't expecting to?

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
Re: New business questions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 04:11:38 PM »
We own a brick and mortor shop but know many food truck operators.  Some of the problems they encounter is finding a steady brick and mortor board of health approved kitchen to prepare and clean up.  Also they have to do double preps so to speak - preparing food in commercial kitchen,  cleaning up kitchen, moving it to food truck, cleaning food truck after service, then cleaning cookewares and storage stuff in commercial kitchen, cleaning commercial kitchen.  We get lots of calls to rent our kitchen in off hours which often would be late night/early morning.   We have said no to all as we don't want people in our space.  Often they need cooler space and storage space as well in the kitchen.  The other issue is the glut of food trucks in our town.  Most all that run a food truck end up wanting a brick an mortar.  It is a young mans game the food truck.  Walter
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline bradtri

Re: New business questions
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 05:42:44 PM »
Looking into starting up a Pizza Food Truck in my area and wanted to reach out to my peers who have more experience than I do.

What are some ideas or pitfalls that you wish you had known of prior to launching?  Where did you find success or failure that you weren't expecting to?

Finding a commercial kitchen and working with your local Health Dept to get licensed will not be your favorite things to do.

Define and focus on your niche.  Catering vs. vending is a big difference. 

I focus on catering to smaller parties (20-80 people) with a very high quality product. 

Someone who wants to sell a higher volume of pizzas as a vending operation would have a totally different business.
A Taste of Naples Pizza
www.atasteofnaplespizza.com
https://www.facebook.com/ATasteofNaplesPizza/
"Let Us Bring A Taste of Naples To Your Next Party"

A D V E R T I S E M E N T