A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza oven  (Read 709 times)

Offline Apv7

• I Love Pizza!
Pizza oven
« on: January 27, 2018, 08:45:09 PM »
Hello. Im new to the site. I was looking at the blackstone outdoor pizza oven for some time now waiting for it to go on sale. While doing reasearch I came across this site. Now Im looking at the pizza party oven. Seems very popular in this forum. Is this the best one, or is there any better bang for your buck outdoor oven you can recommend?  Also Ive see in past post something about a coupon n for forum members, does this still exists?

Offline NinoDel

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza oven
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 11:45:30 AM »
Hello and welcome!  As far as bang for your buck, my opinion is the Blackstone.  I love mine (actually bought a 2nd one), it performs very well and gets very hot quickly.  Start looking at the differrent threads if you haven't already, loads of info on both here.

I also viewed a lot of videos on Youtube with both ovens.

Offline italdream

• Fatte na pizza ca pummarola ncoppa
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 11:53:00 AM »
The PP oven is great for Neapolitan style. I recommend the gas version since you can alternate between gas and wood (not together, of course).

Regarding the Blackstone, it is a good contraption and back in the day it was a game-changer due to its low price point. I was one of the early adopters and I have recommended it to countless friends. However, if you are like me (and many others) after some time, you will want a real oven. If you see pizzamaking as more than a momentary interest and you want to do Neapolitan style, the PP is a good place to start.
Pizza Party Passione | Alive and Kicking
Blackstone | Semiretired
Kettle Grill Insert | Dumped
Little Black Egg | Retired with Honors
Modified Pizza Bella | Retired with Honors

Offline enchant

• Supporting Member
  • World-class pizza maker in the making
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 03:46:08 PM »
With all due respect, if the pizza party is "a good place to start", you've got a LOT more money than many of us here.  IMO, the pizza party is probably a good investment once you've done your research, know what the various ovens can do, and are absolutely sure that the pizza party does exactly what you want.  It's a pretty serious chunk of change to drop, only to find out that it doesn't actually serve your needs.  The Blackstone bakes a pretty nice pizza, and many have been happy with the Neapolitan they get out of it.  And Amazon usually has it for under $300, delivered to your door.

All that said, IMO, the best initial investment you can make would be a decent stone for your home oven.  Read the threads on the various popular ovens on this site and see what sounds like it might be right for you.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 03:48:01 PM by enchant »
--pat--

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 04:18:20 PM »
I had a BS and I have a PP; both offer a lot of "bang for your buck." Which you pick depends on what you want to accomplish, what will/won't make you happy, is this a passing fad or serious hobby, etc.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

A D V E R T I S E M E N T