A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: da Michele franchise  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Ryan Autry

• I Love Pizza!
Re: da Michele franchise
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2020, 04:25:58 AM »
I visited this restaurant a few week ago. I thought the pizza was delicious.

Offline Ryan Autry

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2020, 04:30:33 AM »
My first visit here back in December 2019

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2020, 06:06:19 AM »
Never been to any of the non Naples locations, but these franchise versions of da Michele don't look appealing. Members on this forum make better looking pizza.

https://la.eater.com/2019/3/27/18282617/antica-da-michele-pizzeria-neapolitan-hollywood-restaurant-opening

I'd try it and see for myself, the pizza I made tonight was terrible looking but it was probably one of the best pizza's I've had. I will agree though for a place that stems from such history and that the real team flew all the way from Italy to quality-test. So I'm guessing it got the thumbs up from them. And the restaurant looks beautiful, and being in Beverly Hills, they're going to have to sell a damn lot of pizzas to be profitable.

Even if they are delicious, I kinda like how aesthetically they look like something I made. Tells me maybe there is hope for my pizzas yet lol.

The article says "The dough can only be touched 3 times after the toppings are added"  Outside of some Italians being super picky about things just because they're Italian, is there any damn reason for this?  And both pictures the pizzas are full of Leopard spots, don't people on here say in Italy that's a sign of a poor excuse for a pizza that wasn't made properly? I'm confused now lol.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 06:12:21 AM by Quebert »

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2020, 08:34:37 AM »
I visited this restaurant a few week ago. I thought the pizza was delicious.
Very nice. Welcome to the forum, Ryan. I hope your Ooni Pro arrives soon.
-Tony

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress