A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Charlotte NC Reccomendations  (Read 467 times)

Offline Schackmj

• I Love Pizza!
Charlotte NC Reccomendations
« on: February 02, 2018, 01:23:05 PM »
Oh Wise Pizza People,

I recently re-located from NJ to Charlotte NC. Doesn't look like there is much discussion in regards to pizza in the Queen City.

I have embarked on my own quest to make pizza (may see a thread pop on that sooner than later).

BUT it would be nice to hear if anyone has recommendations for Charlotte! Coming from NJ I'm obviously a disciple of NY Pizza but I do not discriminate. Great pizza is great pizza!

TIA.

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Charlotte NC Reccomendations
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 11:22:56 AM »
I moved from Jersey to Chapel Hill Durham  NC and quest was hard ! I do have a nice mobile truck working but minimal good pizza here also
I know of a few Neapolitan Places in Charlotte (and a few that have ordered ovens) Just gotta look up the info for you.
There is Hope !  ;D

John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfire.net

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Charlotte NC Reccomendations
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 07:53:30 AM »
I had a client in charlotte, never found great pizza but two of my favorite restaurants are not far, price's chicken coop is my favorite fried chicken joint on the planet (takeout only, I usually sit in a nearby park) and lexington number 1 (about 45 mins from charlotte) when you go to lex 1, I suggest you order coarse chopped with outside brown.

http://www.lexbbq.com/

enjoy! (and good luck on your pizza hunt)
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - the hobbit, jrr tolkien

A D V E R T I S E M E N T