A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Forno "Nonno Peppe"†  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Creed9

• I Love Pizza!
Forno "Nonno Peppe"†
« on: February 09, 2018, 03:10:58 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has one  or what you think of this unit .
I was looking at the maximus and the Forno "Nonno Peppe" was suggested to me instead saying it was s better unit .
Just looking for feedback .
Thanks

Offline Creed9

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Forno "Nonno Peppe"†
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 04:48:28 AM »

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 08:03:43 AM »
That thing doesn't look like it has any insulation under the deck which would not be good.

Take a look at the Pizza Party ovens:  https://pizzapartyshop.com/en/  They are well proven by at least a dozen members here. Their ovens with the gas option are awesome. They can run either wood or gas (not both at the same time), and running gas makes them very easy to operate. I have a big brick WFO and a Pizza Party Passione. I almost always use the Passione running gas now because it is so easy to make great pizza. Pizza Party also offers saputo floor tiles which are much better than fire brick for baking Neapolitan pizza. Fire brick is a bit too conductive for use at Neapolitan temperatures.

If you think you will run wood a lot, you might like a bit larger oven where you have more room to work. 24"x24" is pretty tight when running wood.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Creed9

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 02:10:17 PM »
Thanks for the input . That was a options for me . Being the maximus being a "knockoff" of the pizza party .  Was trying to stay in Canada .  But will be a good option if I go outside Canada forsure .  always was

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 02:36:14 PM »
You may be able to find a great oven in Canada. I don't know, but "trying to stay in Canada" probably isn't a good strategy when buying an oven. Getting the right oven is FAR more important that where it comes from.  How bad would it suck to hate your oven and had to think about that every time you wanted to make pizza?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline Creed9

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 03:08:14 PM »
I'm sure u are true on your statement .  . I'm trying to stay under 2000 Canadian.   Landed to my door that's all. 

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 03:18:48 PM »
Send a PM to user "pizza party" he might be able to help you out.

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=22154

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 10:03:10 AM »
 i have the larger version of that oven called the pizzaiola. Craig is 100percent right on the floor insulation. they use a piece of rolled fiber that is useless. i had to modify mine to use for small parties by removing the rolled fiber and adding a 1/2 inch thick ceramic fiber board then i used whitacre  greer fire brick. this worked to make the oven better. you can cook 3 at a time but the door has to be used to help hold heat.
 in the fall of last year the company came out with a gas version. unfortunately not available in the us. i purchased a pipe burner from tejas smokers and added that as another source of cooking. this works really well and the door is not needed. this gives a nice cooking area that can put out a good volume of pizzas in the 90 second range.
 unfortunately i sold my pizza party to finance this purchase. the pizza party was great for home use but when it was needed to back up my mobile oven it takes to much fire management. i tired to purchase a burner from pizza party but they were not available for a retro fit.I'll add a few pictures later

Offline JayBC

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 12:56:25 PM »
I recently bought a Pizza Party Bollore, shipped to Canada. The process was easy, all tax and duties are paid up front and the delivery was reasonably priced and fast with no hassle. I had it in around a week or so. The Bollore will keep you at $2000 CND, and that included extra accessories such as a solid door for for wood burning and saputo tiles. The Wood only versions are quite a bit less, but the gas is NICE.

MEC also has stock of the new UUNI pro, free shipping and the MEC after sales service is great.  The UUNI MAY have a gas option in the future. A few forum members have been getting good results with charcoal + wood combo, pellets seem to be more of a pain.

Offline Creed9

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 09:22:23 AM »
The more I do talk to people .  They make me believe that a 24x24 cooking surface with wood . Is not that big.   Do you all agree ?

Offline Ogwoodfire

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 01:42:25 PM »
Criag do you have the oven door with glass for your passione? I have the door with cut out and have a hard time getting it over 700F. Any other mods I need to use?

Thanks,
Jay

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 03:26:27 PM »
Criag do you have the oven door with glass for your passione? I have the door with cut out and have a hard time getting it over 700F. Any other mods I need to use?

Thanks,
Jay

I have both. Are you asking about gas or wood? I use the one with the cut out for gas and can get the oven well over 1000F in 20 minutes. One time I took the oven with me and forgot the door, and it didn't want to heat up much past 700 until a put a metal tray in front of the opening.

Offline Ogwoodfire

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 10:46:43 PM »
I have the passione with LP and have never used it with wood since I have the SF going 5 days a week. I usually use it on off days at home when Iím looking for something quick. I have the stock regulator and have never gotten mine above 750F with the door on (has open window, no glass). Itís often pretty cold here in Buffalo so maybe that has something to do with it. Also I have only fired it up a few times.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 08:14:35 AM »
I have a regular LP regulator on mine. I've run it as low as maybe 40F and haven't notice much of a difference. Having wind blowing right into the door does though.

Post a picture or video of the flames if you think about it the next time you're heating it.

Offline Ogwoodfire

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 10:06:06 AM »
Thanks I will do that. It May be a few months, itís still pretty cold here in Western New York.

Offline Hanglow

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 09:04:41 AM »
I have the maximus and am very pleased with it, I've owned it since last year. It is the only WFO I've owned/used though!  I cook one pizza at a time and have also cooked roast lamb in it after the pizzas are finished for the next day.

some points though to consider  - the bricks that came with mine are too conductive for neopolitan, you would have to dome after about 25 seconds or it'll burn.  It is very good for slightly longer bakes though. 

the metal peel that comes with it is trash, so you would need another one imo, or at least a turning peel and maybe another wooden peel. 

The metal table/trolley that comes with it seems well made

If the exchange rate was better at the time of purchase I would have gone for the pizzaparty

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 09:34:52 AM »
I have the maximus

Sometime if you have a minute, please take a picture of where the chimney enters the oven and post it. Thanks in advance!

Offline Hanglow

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 11:11:34 AM »
Sometime if you have a minute, please take a picture of where the chimney enters the oven and post it. Thanks in advance!

Do you want a close up? Or was it just to see if the chimney was at the back like the PP?  I think it's the same design, with a sort of double ceiling  inside

here's a picture I took of it when I got it

It's blowing a blizzard here at the moment so I didn't fancy going out to it :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:21:32 AM by Hanglow »

Offline ViperZ

• The Best Pizza is Free Pizza!
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 11:03:20 AM »
I ordered the Nonno Peppe after seeing it at the garden show.  I'm looking forward to learning to use it and learn more about the art of backyard pizza making.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »
Or was it just to see if the chimney was at the back like the PP?  I think it's the same design, with a sort of double ceiling  inside

Yes, that's what I was curious about.