A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Randy's Pizza 2005 updated to 2018  (Read 733 times)

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
Randy's Pizza 2005 updated to 2018
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:39:34 PM »

16 oz KABF Flour

9.7  oz Water by weight(Room temperature)

.9 oz or 2 TBS  raw sugar

.65 oz or 1 TBS Honey

.3 oz or 1 Tablespoon  Olive Oil

2  Teaspoon Salt

2 teaspoons DIY SAF Perfect Rise or Gourmet or other yeast

Mix flour and salt.  Put yeast and half the flour in the mixer.  Mix the sugar and honey into the hot water.  Pour mixture into bowl and place mixer using dough hook on stir for about 2 minutes.  Stop mixer. Add Olive oil and the rest of the flour, then set mixer to knead.  Knead for 6  minutes stop mixer for 5 minutes then start mixer back on knead speed for 6 more minutes.  If the dough is sticking to the bottom of the bowl add a tablespoon of flour or more until the dough patch beneath the ball is say the size of a silver dollar.  You may need to add water.  Finish knead on a lightly floured surface and shape into a ball  Place in the refrigerator in a lightly sealed container or plastic bag coated with olive oil. for overnight up to three days.

Remove 3  hours before panning
Remove from the fridge and either divide dough in half on a slightly wet marble or counter for two 12 pizzas or leave whole for one somewhat thicker 16 pizza.  Work each piece of dough into balls with wet hands.   

If using screens Preheat oven to 500-550 deg F  Mix together an equal mixture of Semolina, flour and cornmeal.  Liberally coat the dough ball and marble with the mixture. Shape dough and place on pizza screen and add what you want. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Blackstone go to around 600 bottom stone.  Lower flame to idle.  When out crust is stone turn up the flame just to where it roars.  Watch closely.  Baking time 4-6 min.

Offline nirc

Re: Randy's Pizza 2005 updated to 2018
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 08:54:23 AM »
Randy; which major chain's dough recipe would you say yours is most similar to, if any? TIA

I have been using your older recipe for years with delicious success thank you. It was the version with 16oz KABF, 9.9oz water, 2T sugar, 1T honey, 1T EVOO, 1.5 tsp salt, 1.25 tsp yeast. My biggest change is using Members Mark bread flour instead of KABF because of cost ($15 vs $45) https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mm-b-p-flour-25-lb/prod21480585.ip?xid=plp_product_1_1
My sauce recipe was PMQ think tank pizzashark's pizza sauce since it is quite flavorful/robust.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:59:36 AM by nirc »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T