A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Recommendations please for Las Vegas  (Read 801 times)

Offline Ian J

• I Love Pizza!
Recommendations please for Las Vegas
« on: March 18, 2018, 04:22:42 PM »
We're off to Vegas in a couple of weeks on our honeymoon and we're looking for food recommendations.

Pizza  :) , but anything else as well; burgers, steaks, Mexican, desserts etc anything but seafood.

Any recommendations for things to see and do also appreciated.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Recommendations please for Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 06:00:22 PM »
Ian J,

While you are waiting for a response from current members, if you go the board called Pizzeria and Restaurant Reviews, and use the search term Vegas in the search box at the top right hand corner of the page, you can see some of the recommendations of past members.

Congratulation on your marriage. Enjoy yourselves and let us know how you make out with your food journey.

Peter

Offline Ian J

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »
Ian J,

While you are waiting for a response from current members, if you go the board called Pizzeria and Restaurant Reviews, and use the search term Vegas in the search box at the top right hand corner of the page, you can see some of the recommendations of past members.

Congratulation on your marriage. Enjoy yourselves and let us know how you make out with your food journey.

Peter

Hi Pete many thanks for your reply.

I did do a search but the results were not in date order and some of the restaurants I looked at are no longer around as the posts were from 2006 and further so I thought I'd try and get some more recent reports.

Offline jsaras

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 08:24:34 PM »
Ian J,

Peter

I'd skip Pizza Rock.  We ordered three different styles of pizza there on my 50th birthday and they all failed to impress. 

My in-laws just returned from a week there.  They asked the same question you did, so here the suggestions I sent them:

Daytime Stuff: Mac King Comedy Magic Show, , Mob Museum, Wayne Newton's Casa De Shenandoah, Clark County Museum, National Atomic Testing Museum, Gold & Silver Pawn Shop, Rick's Restorations, Count's Customs, The Auto Collections at the Imperial Hotel,  Bodies the Exhibition at the Luxor hotel, Titanic exhibition at the Luxor,  Jeff Civilico Comedy in Action at the Flamingo (check performance times; sometimes afternoons, sometimes early evening

Cheaper PM shows: Louis Anderson.  Comedy Show, Vegas! The Show at Planet Hollywood

Food: Grimaldi's Pizza (multiple locations including the Pallazo hotel; good for lunch or dinner) , Shake Shack Burger, Mesa Grill (Bobby Flay's place), all the food at New York New York is good, Bellaggio dinner buffet
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Ian J

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 08:19:27 AM »
I'd skip Pizza Rock.  We ordered three different styles of pizza there on my 50th birthday and they all failed to impress. 

I saw your review and made a point to avoid Pizza Rock.

I'll add the others to our itinerary.

Thank you
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:22:11 AM by Ian J »

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 10:32:24 PM »
Huh, we ate at Pizza Rock twice last year and had fantastic meals.  I'm surprised.

Offline jsaras

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 12:09:56 AM »
Huh, we ate at Pizza Rock twice last year and had fantastic meals.  I'm surprised.

After trying three different styles at the Las Vegas location (everything was so tasteless that I literallt thought I was losing my sense of taste), I went to the San Francisco location to order something that I didn't have in LV; a NY slice.  It was a B- IMO.  The marketing is fabulous and he is more successful than I'll ever be, but there are dozens of members here, myself included, who can make better pizza than what I was served.  I gave Pizza Rock mumerous opportunities to succeed.  You can look up my photos and reviews on Yelp.  Although pics alone can't tell the entire story, my pictures are good enough not to obscure the truth.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline IzzysPizzaBus

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 05:12:45 PM »
Pizza Rock is great. Nothing but love from us locals (except that price). Check out Naked City pizza, hole in the wall place in a bar but really good pies. Think they have one in a hotel near Fremont as well. Skip Gramaldis unless you like super greasy new york style, that's their thing. Not a ton of killer options near the strip for Pizza just those few.

What other types of food you want? Quick, sit down, Italian, burgers, etc.? I second Shake Shack, that place is great. It's at NYNY.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 05:14:27 PM by Briznitch »

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 05:20:34 PM »
Pizza Rock is great. Nothing but love from us locals (except that price).

Their Happy Hour is awesome! 

Offline jmiliz

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 03:04:25 PM »
I am going Vegas in a few weeks. Ian J, did you find anything worth recommending?

Offline StateofMind

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 07:12:36 PM »
Go see my friends at Good Pie and Metro Pizza. For high end dining I love Momofuku.

Offline Ian J

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 05:34:56 AM »
I am going Vegas in a few weeks. Ian J, did you find anything worth recommending?

Unfortunately due to health issues the honeymoon had to be pushed later into the year so we haven't been yet.

Offline peetzabone

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2018, 04:55:13 PM »
Unfortunately due to health issues the honeymoon had to be pushed later into the year so we haven't been yet.

Sorry to hear Ian. Hope progress is being made. Health is one of the few things that trump pizza.

Add to your list the "secret pizza" in the Cosmopolitan Hotel. Really good slices served almost all hours
https://www.vegas.com/searchagent/restaurant/ViewRestaurant.do?restaurantId=5556

wordpress