A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Chau is coming to NY pizza tour Part 2  (Read 19106 times)

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
Chau is coming to NY pizza tour Part 2
« on: March 23, 2018, 04:41:16 PM »
Just tossing around the idea of visiting Jersey and then NY for a mini pizza tour.   I would fly into New Jersey late Wednesday afternoon possibly evening April 4th.   Then I would have Thursday through Saturday to check out some places between there and NY.  Any must try places that we didn't hit up the first tour in 2012?  Anyone interested in meeting up for part or all of it?

Chau

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
Re: Chau is coming to NY pizza tour Part 2
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 08:38:41 PM »
Just tossing around the idea of visiting Jersey and then NY for a mini pizza tour.   I would fly into New Jersey late Wednesday afternoon possibly evening April 4th.   Then I would have Thursday through Saturday to check out some places between there and NY.  Any must try places that we didn't hit up the first tour in 2012?  Anyone interested in meeting up for part or all of it?

Chau
Interested but unable. I loved reading the long thread about the last one. I hope there will be another thread if you are able to put this together.
-Tony

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 04:59:01 PM »
Tony, I'd be happy to do reviews or write ups of the places I visit but it doesn't sound like this will be much of a thread this time around.  Is it poor timing or am I somehow blacklisted?  Lol.   What has happened to the passion around here? 

Chau

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 06:43:59 PM »
Got some appts that week, otherwise tempting!
Jon

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 07:37:53 PM »
I think its just that its relatively short notice and a haul for many of us. Not like the haul it is from NM but youve probably been thinking about it longer. Its also close to Easter when people will have been traveling, taking time off, etc. And, lets face it: the northeast is on a real losing streak for weather. My son came back from NY Thursday morning (a one night trip/sales call) and was lucky to get out of there.

My note meant the opposite of any kind of blacklist. Im not someone who strings people along (not that it mattered here, I realize) or who cannot say no when I know the answer, this time, will never change to yes. It was meant as Yes, Id very much like to meet you, if youd have me, but I aint coming this time.   :D

My guess is you will have a good group together before long, as people see your note and have time to think it over. I hope so anyway.

-Tony

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 11:10:24 PM »
Chau,
Ill be doing an improptu pizza gathering at your house when I drive down for the balloon festival in October... :D

Jerry

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 11:21:52 PM »
I'd be very tempted to drive down just to say hi and meet you. Unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to make it. Kids are on school break that week/weekend.

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 12:28:24 AM »
I'm watching episodes of Ugly Delicious on Netflix.  It's a great show.  The first episode is on pizza.  I just watched an episode on authentic Peking duck and I don't think I've ever eaten a really great version of it where the skin is crackling.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to visit Chinatown and ask around for their best Peking duck. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 08:27:04 AM by Jackie Tran »

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 12:30:41 AM »
Chau,
Ill be doing an improptu pizza gathering at your house when I drive down for the balloon festival in October... :D

Jerry

Absolutely Jerry and if anyone else from the forum happens to come through Albuquerque, do indeed hit me up.  If I don't have time to cook for you, we can hit up some local eateries for some good eats. 

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 01:04:25 AM »
Chau, of course I'm here and I'm in :)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2018, 07:27:30 AM »
Chau,

I would like to join you for a mini pizza tour but things are too hectic right now.

Norma

Online deb415611

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 07:35:41 AM »
I'd like to , I still kick myself for not making the time last time, but I will be in New Hampshire for a few weeks so won't be able to make it.
Deb

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2018, 08:23:45 AM »
Chau, of course I'm here and I'm in :)

Bill, I'm looking forward to putting a face to the name.  Of course I feel like I already know you since we have been friends for a few years now.   I'm also looking forward to revisiting PIZZATOWN! and checking out RAZZA. 

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2018, 09:11:33 AM »
Jon and Deb, I'll post up the Schedule as soon as I come up with one.  Would be nice to meet some more folks from here, even if you all can come out for just a slice. 

Jon, what are your favorite spots to hit up in NY??

Norma, I was hoping that I could visit and taste your Pizza at market but I hear that you are only open on Tuesdays?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2018, 09:38:27 AM »

Norma, I was hoping that I could visit and taste your Pizza at market but I hear that you are only open on Tuesdays?

Chau,

Yes, am only open on Tuesday's.  Would be nice if you could come taste the pizzas at market.  Am having problems finding help for Tuesday's.  Farmer friend of mine helped 2 weeks ago, Rainer42 (John) helped last week and is helping this Tuesday.  After that am not sure if there will be help or not.  If there is no help I can't open.

Norma

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 10:36:19 AM »
Jon and Deb, I'll post up the Schedule as soon as I come up with one.  Would be nice to meet some more folks from here, even if you all can come out for just a slice. 

Jon, what are your favorite spots to hit up in NY??

I don't get down to the city too often. The list of places I'd like to go is long. So far, Pizza Town is at the top of my list of well known places I've visited and return to whenever possible. The last time I tried to eat my way around Brooklyn, I liked the Grandma at Williamsburg Pizza and Everything at Emmy Squared looked good (what I ate was really good too). The list of places I haven't visited is very long. The to-do list includes (in no particular order off the top of my head): Totonno's, Sam's (I'd like to try clams here too), New Park, Prince, Joe and Pat's, Roberta's, the entire Queens pizza thread (https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=44319.0), Wheated, Keste, Motorino, recently saw some photo's from L'industrie pizzeria that looked really good...the list could be endless.

I'll keep tabs on your plans and if I can sneak away to join you for a bit I will.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 11:07:17 AM »
Razza is supposed to be amazing.

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 11:42:27 AM »
Scarr's should be on that list too

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2018, 12:32:38 PM »
Is DiFara's worth trying or would most here consider it a waste of time?
Who has the best clam pie?
I haven't heard about Scarrs.

New Park was good last time I had it but I'll probably try to hit up places we missed last time.  Totonnos was a disappointment.  Proper texture but the crust lacked salt and flavor.  It was very obvious, they were using a same day emergency dough when we were there.

Jon Thank you for directing me towards Harry's original NY pizza in Queens thread.  I'm definitely making a stop there. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 03:49:37 PM by Jackie Tran »

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 03:30:27 PM »
Chau,

Yes, am only open on Tuesday's.  Would be nice if you could come taste the pizzas at market.  Am having problems finding help for Tuesday's.  Farmer friend of mine helped 2 weeks ago, Rainer42 (John) helped last week and is helping this Tuesday.  After that am not sure if there will be help or not.  If there is no help I can't open.

Norma

That would be unfortunate Norma.  I hope you find the help that you need to be able to stay open.  I've heard great things about your market pizza.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 05:41:27 PM by Jackie Tran »

wordpress