A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: PIZZA ZOOM 2020  (Read 1535 times)

Offline goosta

Re: PIZZA ZOOM 2020
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2020, 11:47:57 AM »
I hadn't seen that before. Thanks for posting. How do you suppose he does it? The only thing I can think of is that he does it after the pizza has been in the oven long enough that the pan is hot and cheese melts and sticks where it's sprinkled? Nonstick pans for sure, I'm thinking.

Unfortunately, I just caught bits and pieces of his talk. He definitely has well seasoned pans (they were jet black) and I'm almost positive he mentioned using crisco around the edges.

Offline lingandclams

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 12:50:40 PM »
Are there any more pizza forums/classes/shop talk on ZOOM?

Online Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2020, 01:39:07 PM »
Are there any more pizza forums/classes/shop talk on ZOOM?
Haven't looked into to much so I'm not sure how they are doing it, but Pizza Today is putting on a virtual expo next week to replace this week's cancelled event.

https://www.pizzatoday.com/magazines/virtual-pizza-expo/

Offline jsaras

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 03:22:33 PM »
Anyone else see Justin De Leon (Apolloniaís Pizza) showing his pizzas? His square is seriously a work of art! The "cheese crown" is so awesome.

https://www.instagram.com/apolloniaspizza/?hl=en
Heís been an Instagram sensation for quite some time.  Interestingly, they donít always offer squares on their menu.

Iím sure Craig will reverse engineer that vertical cheese thing by the end of Saturday
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Online tetontrees

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2020, 01:16:44 PM »
I hadn't seen that before. Thanks for posting. How do you suppose he does it? The only thing I can think of is that he does it after the pizza has been in the oven long enough that the pan is hot and cheese melts and sticks where it's sprinkled? Nonstick pans for sure, I'm thinking.

Re: cheese crowns Not sure which segment it was from, but I think I caught a shot of coarsely shredded (white cheddar) cheese being packed up the sides of the pans above the dough during assembly. The fat (crisco) holds it in place long enough to set and crisp.

Really enjoyed this event. Especially keen on the pan pizza tips from Lee Huntzinger from Zoli's Pizza (Ft. Worth, TX) https://www.instagram.com/p/B5vVZCOHcsw/ Uses a dough docker to push the dough evenly into the corners. Also, Pizzamaster ovens look awesome. Many thanks to Noel @totally_baked for putting together such a great lineup. Looking forward to revisiting many segments when they become available.
Anson
PP Passione

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2020, 12:28:10 AM »
Heís been an Instagram sensation for quite some time.  Interestingly, they donít always offer squares on their menu.

Iím sure Craig will reverse engineer that vertical cheese thing by the end of Saturday

THAT CRUMB!!! It looks like it was raised and baked in zero gravity!!!!
Jon

ďThe two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.Ē            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Online Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2020, 02:07:51 PM »
Some of the sessions are starting to show up on youtube. This is one with Danny DiGiampietro of Angelo's in South Philly. I thought this was an interesting and fun session about one bread makers journey. Having never heard of Angelo's before the conference, it is now on my to-do list for a pizza and cheese steak.

Edit: Just an FYI: Almost all the pizza zoom sessions contained strong language.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 02:24:24 PM by Jon in Albany »

Offline Little bean

• Supporting Member
  • Pizzeria DiLauro
    • Pizzeria DiLauro
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2020, 03:04:27 PM »
Some of the sessions are starting to show up on youtube. This is one with Danny DiGiampietro of Angelo's in South Philly. I thought this was an interesting and fun session about one bread makers journey. Having never heard of Angelo's before the conference, it is now on my to-do list for a pizza and cheese steak.

Edit: Just an FYI: Almost all the pizza zoom sessions contained strong language.

Danny's pizza to this day is the best pizza experience, and pizza I have ever had, but his cheesesteak with Cooper sharp and roasted long hots is a sandwich that can never be replicated. During our trip to Philly we ate cheesesteak at every spot imaginable (not the abominations Ginos and Pats, the real spots), and no cheesesteak held a candle. This man deserves his due as one of the best pizzeria operators, and One of the best guys in the pizza industry.

Online Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2020, 10:02:56 AM »
The Adam Kuban session is up. He talks about the old days of Slice and makes a few of his bar pies.

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2020, 11:57:09 PM »
i interviewed w scott weiner and a couple of weeks later visited a mozz factory w his team. iíve been meaning to write a post about it,  maybe this week if i get a break from my pt consulting engagement that has overtaken my life.

the problem to date in putting pen to paper is it seems like a little more than a post but something less than an article.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:03:44 AM by quietdesperation »
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - the hobbit, jrr tolkien

Online Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2020, 10:30:42 AM »
i interviewed w scott weiner and a couple of weeks later visited a mozz factory w his team. iíve been meaning to write a post about it,  maybe this week if i get a break from my pt consulting engagement that has overtaken my life.

the problem to date in putting pen to paper is it seems like a little more than a post but something less than an article.
I'd be interested in hearing about it when you get the chance.

Online Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2020, 10:32:42 AM »
The Chris Bianco session has been posted.

Online Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2020, 09:02:16 AM »
I had stopped seeing messages about new videos from Pizza Zoom going up, so it fell off my radar. Not sure what made me look but a few more were posted. I haven't watched the whole video. I joined this session Scott Weiner and Peter Reinhart in progress but this is the one where I saw pizzamaking.com and "the monolithic figure" TXCraig being mentioned for the starter prediction chart. The part I am referring to starts at about 42 minutes.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2020, 10:55:20 AM »
I'm an "ornery character" who doesn't return PM's?

He got the first half right anyway   :-D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Online Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2020, 08:47:50 PM »
Grumpy pizza maker that doesn't return calls makes for a better story.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2020, 10:14:33 PM »
I'm an "ornery character" who doesn't return PM's?

He got the first half right anyway   :-D

Bad bourbon always makes me grumpy and ornery too!😉
Jon

ďThe two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.Ē            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

wordpress