A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Chau is coming to NY pizza tour Part 2  (Read 19037 times)

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Chau is coming to NY pizza tour Part 2
« Reply #420 on: August 17, 2020, 02:56:33 PM »
I will let you know.  Im a weirdo and usually prefer a slower bake (like Razza does) and I think the slower bake is one of the reasons why I liked Song so much the last time I was there... but im curious to find out as well.

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #421 on: August 17, 2020, 03:23:07 PM »
On some Instagram photos I saw, Song e Napule has a new oven. I'd be curious to see how it changed their pizza. I'm betting they are below a 2 minute bake now.

I hope it doesn't change it too much!
Hans

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #422 on: August 17, 2020, 10:47:30 PM »
Me too, though I'm a little far away. :) .

Scott...that's a fine day. We had some like that  on the Chau tour!

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #423 on: August 29, 2020, 05:31:49 PM »
Just listened to the Pizza City interview with Massimo Laviglia. He talks about how disappointed he was with the pizza he was selling when he first opened. I'm wondering how close to his opening we were on this tour. I don't remember being blown away by the pizza. On the podcast he talks about using 00 when he opened and thats what he was using when we were there. He is now using a blend of something from upstate and a different Italian flour. He has also added a square. Id be curious to go back and try L'Industrie again.

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #424 on: August 30, 2020, 12:37:11 AM »
That wasn't a slice I favored either...seemed like dough/oven mismatch to me....let us know what you think on your return visit

Offline francofromny

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #425 on: September 11, 2020, 01:42:26 AM »
Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is well and safe. Glad to see all of you still engaged here on the forum. Unfortunately im not so good at keeping up with this incredible forum that consists of all the awesome members here. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and especially the ones i have had the honor of meeting on the tour that came into Mama's TOO! during the early days. We have evolved quite a bit since we've met, and i look back and see how far we've come operationally since. A lot has also changed in our world, but one thing remains constant about me which is being behind the counter and on my never-ending journey of chasing perfection and putting out the best slice possible every day---a lot is more to come. I have not forgot about you guys, in fact i regularly refer this forum to many of our fans and passionate pizzamakers i come across. The memories im most fond of are from the beginning of our journey here at Mama's TOO! and that includes meeting the many passionate people, like yourselves, along the way. You guys should know that these interactions continue to motivate me to make great pizza and has contributed to what's shaped Mama's TOO! to what we do today---i want to thank you guys for that. I spend most of my time on Instagram @mamas_too, so if you guys are on that platform you can find me on there pretty much all the time. As always, if you guys are ever at the store always ask for me it would be my pleasure to catch up.

Sincerely,

Franco Tuttolomondo

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #426 on: September 11, 2020, 02:15:13 AM »
Great to hear from you, Franco! Your welcome to us and the knowledge you shared..along with your great pizza
was a highlight for me, and I think, all of us

To see your well-earned success is so gratifying..nobody deserves it more.

I wish I could stop by but you're a little far away for me now
..I moved this year to Portland , Oregon.  But if you do a pizza tour here, come say hi. Brian Spangler's Apizza Scholls is just down a few blocks from me. He's a great guy and sometimes stops by the board here too.

All the best

JPB/ Bill

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #427 on: September 11, 2020, 07:09:49 AM »
Hi Franco, nice that you stopped by here. Your pizza and sandwiches are looking as good as ever!

Hope to try one of those Meatball Parm sandwiches soon!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 06:49:25 PM by HansB »
Hans

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #428 on: September 11, 2020, 05:59:47 PM »
Hi Franco-

It was a pleasure meeting you and so many forum members that day. One of my favorite pizza days of all time. Already following you on Instagram. The pizza and sandwiches look great, pal.

Jon