A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Help me with a hybrid dough  (Read 145 times)

Offline Gluten4punishment

• I Love Pizza!
Help me with a hybrid dough
« on: January 16, 2020, 04:13:05 PM »
Iíve been asked to bring my blackstone pizza oven over to a pretty big Super Bowl party to crank out some pizzas   

The host is doing all the toppings and Iím bringing the dough sauce and cheese,  not planning on spending a ton so here is what Iím doing.

I will be using a #10 can of crushed tomatoes for the sauce and Costco biz center pizza cheese blend for the cheese because itís easy and I hear itís good.

I will be making12Ē-13Ē pizzas to  be cooked at around 800 degrees, I have a bunch of grain craft 13.5% power flour that I want to use and also some blue bag 00 if needed, also some AP and KABF

I would like the dough to have a decent rise but also a little crispy on the bottom which I have trouble achieving, I want to do a 72 hr cold ferment and 270g balls 

Can someone through out a few recommendations all in bakers % please? Thanks

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
Re: Help me with a hybrid dough
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 04:26:47 PM »
How about this;
50% Power Flour
50% KABF Flour
2% Salt
1% Sugar
0.375% IDY
62% Water (65F)
2% Oil

Mix just until smooth using delayed oil addition mixing method.
Immediately after mixing scale and ball.
Lightly oil dough balls and place into individual plastic bread type bags (follow normal procedure for cold fermenting in plastic bags).
Remove bagged dough balls from fridge about 90-minutes prior to opening into skins.
Roll bag down around dough ball, invert over a floured surface, flour dough ball on both sides and open into a skin.
Dress and bake.
Note: For a crispier pizza bake at 550F.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 05:39:40 PM »
How about this;
50% Power Flour
50% KABF Flour
2% Salt
1% Sugar
0.375% IDY
62% Water (65F)
2% Oil

Mix just until smooth using delayed oil addition mixing method.
Immediately after mixing scale and ball.
Lightly oil dough balls and place into individual plastic bread type bags (follow normal procedure for cold fermenting in plastic bags).
Remove bagged dough balls from fridge about 90-minutes prior to opening into skins.
Roll bag down around dough ball, invert over a floured surface, flour dough ball on both sides and open into a skin.
Dress and bake.
Note: For a crispier pizza bake at 550F.

Thank you so much Tom!   Couple questions, I bought a bunch of 16oz plastic containers and also have the storage bags. Are bags better?  Also should I just keep the temp a little lower to get a crispy crust?  Why does lower temp yield a crispier crust? 

Also will the sugar be an issue if I cook hotter ? Thanks again

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 03:55:20 PM »
Bags will be much better for this application.
A lower temperature will allow for a longer bake, a longer bake is conducive to a crispier crust as well as a crust that retains its crispiness.
Yes, if you bake at your proposed temperature or above 550F you will want to reduce or eliminate the added sugar.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:56:56 PM »
Bags will be much better for this application.
A lower temperature will allow for a longer bake, a longer bake is conducive to a crispier crust as well as a crust that retains its crispiness.
Yes, if you bake at your proposed temperature or above 550F you will want to reduce or eliminate the added sugar.

Ok thanks, I just made two 400g balls with your exact recipe to try out.

Iím going to let them ferment in the bags for 3 days and do a test pizza.

If it burns too much I will take out the sugar but I think it will be ok I will just lower the temp a bit.

I donít want to make 10-15 pizzas at 900 degrees anyways, will probably keep it 650-700

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress