A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Caputo flour in Canada  (Read 464 times)

Offline Brent-r

• Supporting Member
  • Love the new 'real' wood fired Fontana oven
Caputo flour in Canada
« on: April 30, 2018, 08:26:03 PM »
after looking at the outrageous prices on Amazon Canada we finally found someone that offers
Caputo Pizza flour at a reasonable price.

Grande Cheese, who has 5 locations in the Toronto area has 1 Kg bags for, if memory serves correctly, $3.00 a bag.  He even sent us pictures to confirm the real deal.  ( my wife got the price and she's not here just now to confirm it.  We're going to pick some up tomorrow and if I'm incorrect, I'll correct the post.
They are only 20 minutes from here.   I don't know if they will ship small orders but I'll ask.

http://grandecheese.ca/
Brent

Offline Rolls

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Caputo flour in Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 09:14:56 AM »
Brent,

I often buy imported flours from Grande Cheese, but if you're coming from Caledon, you're probably going to the Vaughan location and there are other stores in the area where you can find Italian flours.  Seafood Depot often has a very good selection.  If you're interested in larger bags, MVR on Weston Rd. has Caputo, 5Stagioni and others but they require a business account.  Lots of great cheese shops in the Woodbridge/Vaughan area too.

Rolls
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?  A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Offline Brent-r

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 09:37:36 AM »
thanks Rolls
we actually live in Bolton that has a large Italian community and the Garden Foods store here is fantastic.
A few kinds of OO flours and Calabrise peppers.
But so many folks on this forum swear by Caputa we've been keen to try it.   I'll check out the Seafood Depot.   We are real  "Foodies" in this household.

We just checked out the Seafood web site and they have Key West pinks (shrimp) available year round in frozen blocks.... Yippeeee  what a find.    I hate buying shrimps from Vietnam and similar places because they are growing them in old rice paddies that have tons of chemicals that are not so nice

thanks again
Brent

Offline Rolls

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 12:43:10 PM »
Brent,

You'll probably find more flours, including Caputo, at Seafood Depot. They also have all sorts of imported dry goods - olive oil, tomatoes, chili preparations of all types etc., as well as houseware items and pizza tools.  Another good fish place is http://www.sanantonioseafood.ca

Rolls
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?  A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Offline Brent-r

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 08:52:11 AM »
Hi Rolls
we got into all those shops and they offer a lot of goodies to expand our combinations.  We got excited about the wild Argentine shrimp that looked great frozen but on thawing found they were pretty beat up by the slitting and de-veining.  The wild USA shrimp at Whole Foods are much better.   Consumer Reports did an article a couple years ago about farmed shrimp that turned us off.  F
Flours,  toppings, and cheeses are now in full supply in our kitchen. 

thanks for the leads.
Brent

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress