A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: pizza dough recipe for cone pizza machine  (Read 264 times)

Offline stzicuris

• I Love Pizza!
pizza dough recipe for cone pizza machine
« on: May 11, 2018, 08:19:40 PM »
Hello everybody, first of all i wanted to say i love this forum, really helpfull for any passionate about pizza industry.

I would like to have help about making and finding good recipe to use with my new pizza cone machine.

I would like to save time and energy if possible for these step if offcourse somebody has already found the good balance for this style of pizza.

I would like to add this kind of pizza to my menu from next week.

So if you guys could help me on the process of making those right and delicious, it would be awesome!

I have the mold/press/cooking machine to make the cone parbaked , then the oven to second cook it...

Thanks a lot i am a bit in a hurry!!

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
Re: pizza dough recipe for cone pizza machine
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:51:26 PM »
Do you have the Konos machine?
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline stzicuris

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 12:45:02 PM »
Hello doctor, yes i am using the kona machine so do you have a recipe for me?
and some advice to not mess up.
Do i need to use a long ferment dough or the result will be usseless for the kind of pizza?

thx a lot to be so reactive to all my question on this forum and by mail.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 01:21:00 PM »
They didn't provide a dough formula for you to work with?
Here is one to get you started:
Flour: Bread flour (11% protein content) 100%
Salt: 2%
sugar: 3%
IDY: 1%
Water: 58% (variable)
Hard fat flakes: 10%  If you cannot source hard fat flakes use butter, margarine or shortening, place it into the freezer until THOROUGHLY frozen, then shave it and place the shaved pieces back into the freezer for about 30-minutes, then chop the shaved pieces into flakes with the largest being about 8-mm in width. Place the shortening back into the freezer until you're ready to use it for making the dough. The shortening can be prepared well in advance and stored in the freezer. The reason for doing this is to achieve a desirable open, course (porous) crumb structure.

Procedure:
Place water in mixing bowl (70F/21.1C) followed by salt and sugar then the flour and the IDY. Mix the dough at low speed for 2-minutes then at medium speed just until the dough begins to look smooth, change back to mixing at low speed and add the frozen fat flakes and continue mixing JUST until they are thoroughly incorporated, take the dough to the bench for scaling and balling. place the dough balls on  lightly oiled sheet pans and cover with a sheet of plastic, allow to proof at room temperature until the dough forms smoothly without tearing or fracturing. If the dough needs to be softer/firmer adjust this by adding more or less water. Normal fermentation time for the dough balls is about an hour.
NOTE:
If you do not want to have the more open, porous crumb structure you can use and high quality shortening, butter or margarine to replace the fat flakes.
When building the cone put a small amount of sauce in first, then the meat and/or vegetable toppings with the cheese on top. DO NOT OVER FILL. You will also need to have a form for holding the cones upright for baking.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress