A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: The Doughs of My Life  (Read 42938 times)

LPE427 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
Re: The Doughs of My Life
« Reply #660 on: January 15, 2020, 04:00:29 PM »
It looks great Arne!  You have definitely found a solution to an oven in hibernation!
Pizza Party 70x70 WFO/Saupto Floor

Offline stefan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #661 on: January 15, 2020, 04:54:41 PM »
Beautiful as always Arne! Really love the very fine, small-dotted leoparding on these!

Online Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • 5 years and closer to. . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #662 on: January 15, 2020, 06:19:47 PM »
Amazing!
PizzaParty 70x70, saputo floor

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #663 on: January 16, 2020, 11:26:13 AM »
Unbelievable!! How is the taste and texture

The crust was soft and tender, it was "floppy" and there was no crispness.
The topping is very special and full of contrast. I only apply the cheese (mozzarella and cream of parmigiano) before cooking, so the base is a warm and "cheesy sweet". After cooking, I cut the pie and add spoons of tomato compote that has had time to cool to room temperature. The compote is both sweet and slighly acidic (from the addition of balsamic vinegar), so both the taste and the temperature contrasts and complements the cheese base. Finally, shavings of parmigiano adds just a little hint of "firmness" to an otherwise soft texture. The basil oil completes the picture and is also very pleasant on the nose.

If you have not tried it, it's highly recommended. If Caiazzo is too far, then try my clone recipe;)

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #664 on: January 16, 2020, 11:30:33 AM »
It looks great Arne!  You have definitely found a solution to an oven in hibernation!

Hey Scott. Indeed, it's a fantastic tool.
Also, having found a regular use for it, beyond Crème brûlée and the occasional meringue pie, is a nice bonus.  ;D

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #665 on: January 16, 2020, 11:32:24 AM »
Beautiful as always Arne! Really love the very fine, small-dotted leoparding on these!

Amazing!

Thank you both.

Next halloween, I'm going as a pizza robot!

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #666 on: January 16, 2020, 11:42:42 PM »
Hahaha  ;D

When we desperately need a flame!! :'D
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Online Icelandr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #667 on: January 16, 2020, 11:56:21 PM »
Yikes! Another “Welder Style” Pizzaioli!
Best not tried after wine!

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #668 on: January 18, 2020, 04:51:43 AM »
Hahaha  ;D

When we desperately need a flame!! :'D
Hey Yeal, that looks really scary even to my eyes. :-D How did the pizza turn out?

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #669 on: January 18, 2020, 10:22:22 PM »
Hey Yeal, that looks really scary even to my eyes. :-D How did the pizza turn out?

Actually I just tried a little, I stopped when I found the gas smell being too strong  :-D
Besides, I was afraid it would bake/burn the top while the bottom is not ready yet.
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #670 on: February 12, 2020, 11:02:56 AM »
Despite an unusually mild and wet winter, the wood fired oven is still under wraps. It won’t stay that way for long, I’m sure. But meanwhile I have attached a brand new propane canister firmly to my blowtorch, and today I made pizza again.

The recipe is one I’ve come to like for this style of pizza:
  • 100% flour (1/3 Cuoco, 2/3 Pizzeria)
  • 70% water
  • 2.9% salt
  • .04% CY

I let it ferment for 20 hours (14.5 in bulk, 5.5 in balls) at 20-21°C. From start to finish, the dough rose about 1.8x (pluviometer measurements ca 15-27).

The dough was on it’s best behavior, and I got to make two pies today.

The first one was a “Taleggio, funghi e salsiccia” á la Icelandr. It was delicious. I was not sure what to expect from the red bell pepper, but I was pleasantly surprised as it worked very well. Also, it contributed a very gentle char that was amazing. Perhaps it was the torch? I’m going to find out for sure, as soon as the WFO opens for the summer.

The second one: a margherita. This wonderful invention is still a huge favorite of mine.

I have to say, it really feels like cooking these up takes forever. My timer assures me it only took around 5 minutes a piece though.

As I finished the last bite, I thought I got a touch of propane on my palate. It could all be in my head.

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #671 on: February 12, 2020, 01:29:42 PM »
Beautiful as always!

Sometimes I wonder why you don't have a small electric or gas oven for inside use?

I'd love to have a real outside WFO, but it's not really practical. Where I live the weather is simply not good enough..

My electric oven has it's quirks but still makes an awesome pizza.  I've also cooked with gas fired ovens, and they are simply marvelous too, do really need some kind of exhaust though.  Still nothing compares to using a real WFO!  There is simply something magic making the fire, feeding it and heating up the oven, and then to bake pizza with it.  Nothing can really compare, still electric and gas also have their reason for being!

And yes a Margherita with good tomato and basil is simply a magic pizza, especially so when cooked at Neapolitan temperatures.

Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #672 on: February 13, 2020, 10:45:57 AM »
Yes, sometimes I wonder myself. And I have been considering a few options. I do find "welder style" to be both fun and delicious, so perhaps that's one reason I haven't pulled the trigger on an Effeuno yet. :D

I agreen 100% with your WFO statement though. I am really (really!) looking forward to putting it to use again.

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #673 on: February 13, 2020, 09:10:06 PM »
Such nice looking pizza, who could believe it's not from a WFO!

The “Taleggio, funghi e salsiccia” á la Icelandr"  is definitely on my mind for this weekend if I can find some dry wood.  Our winter to is also strange.  7 inches of rain in the last 7 days with a little snow in between.

Happy welding!

Online Icelandr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #674 on: February 16, 2020, 08:10:26 PM »
You have elevated Welder Style to new Heights!
Having read the accounting of Tony Gemignani’s win in Naples years back, It is fun to picture the judges and crowd at the Margherita competition in Naples as you carry in your box of dough plus one other box. Under the eyes of the sceptical judges you open your dough with care and skill, then open the other box, whip out the torch and in a frenzy turn a raw dough into a fine Neapolitan . . . .  Winning and leaving alive would be tricky, dazzling would be easy!
Well Done - Give ‘em Hell Arne!

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #675 on: March 08, 2020, 11:09:44 AM »
Without a proper oven I may be losing it a bit, but here we go again with the torch.  :chef:

My go-to welder style recipe:
  • 100% flour (1/3 Cuoco, 2/3 Pizzeria)
  • 70% water
  • 2.9% salt
  • .036% CY

Fermentation time was 24 hours (19 + 5) at 19-20°C. From start to finish, the dough rose about 1.7x (pluviometer measurements ca 15-26).

Margherita today.

PRECIOUS!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:16:44 AM by Arne_Jervell »

Online Icelandr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #676 on: March 08, 2020, 11:37:34 AM »
Arne my friend, call me, we need to talk.
Oh, there is nothing wrong with really getting IN to your pizzamaking, but you need to get out more, get away from the butane fumes for a while, see some real people, maybe relax over a glass of wine. I understand the rituals involved in making Neapolitan pizza with a torch, but I am afraid you have lost it now. Making fresh Neapolitan then fast freezing it just isn’t wise. Reach out, I am sure you can find some help.

OK, fantastic picture and well done! Good Fun!
You just never know when images for T shirts turn up!

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #677 on: March 08, 2020, 04:10:20 PM »
Thanks Greg. I don't know what came over me. Feeling better now. Think I'll call in sick tomorrow, just in case...

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #678 on: March 08, 2020, 10:12:00 PM »
Arne, I think the cold is taking a toll on you.  It’s best you leave right away for a Holiday in a warmer climate! :-D

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #679 on: March 09, 2020, 02:32:36 AM »
 :-D :-D :-D

wordpress