A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Best Pizza in NYC. Amore in Flushing.  (Read 497 times)

Offline Dan997

• I Love Pizza!
Best Pizza in NYC. Amore in Flushing.
« on: May 30, 2018, 11:36:44 PM »
My favorite classic NY Slice in NYC is Amore Pizza in Flushing. 
There pizza is amazing.  There's always lines to get the pizza so the pizza is always fresh. They make the best pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Here's a video showing Amore Pizza.  Its at 57 seconds of the video below.  Just look at this pizza

Online hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
Re: Best Pizza in NYC. Amore in Flushing.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 07:00:48 AM »
Hey Dan, Amore is on my list to try haven't made it there yet.

Have you tried Margherita Pizza in Jamaica?

Below is a link to a thread about pizzerias in Queens, we've discussed "Queens Style" alot over the last year.

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=44319.msg443235#msg443235

Matt

Offline Dan997

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Best Pizza in NYC. Amore in Flushing.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 07:43:06 AM »
Hi, I haven't tried Margherita Pizza in Jamaica?
I'll definitely try it this week.
I tried Dani's house of Pizza in Kew Gardens.  I thought the pizza sauce tasted weird.
I liked Amore a lot better.
Lucia's is similar to Amore, but i think the pizza sauce is a little better at Amore and the dough is more crunchier at Amore.
So i like Amore better.

I also tried Pizza Garden in Jamaica and thought it was average pizza.
I also tried Gloria's pizza in Forest Hills and thought it was ok.
The guy who owns Gloria'a pizza in Forest Hills says his pizza is the same recipe as Gloria's pizza that was in Flushing for like 35 years.  It taste nothing like Gloria's pizza that was in Flushing.. I had Gloria's pizza in the 80s in Flushing. 
I can tell you Amore is the same exact pizza as Gloria's pizza that was in Flushing.  Sal the owner of Amore used to work at Gloria's pizza in the 60s and early 70s and basically took the recipe of the pizza and uses it for Amore Pizza.

One thing i will tell you.  The best tomato sauce i'v tried is Brothers pizza in Fresh Meadows.
I'm not talking about pizza sauce i'm talking about tomato sauce for dishes like spaghetti, chicken cutlet, veal etc. 
Try the tomato sauce at Brothers.  Its right off Exit 25 on the LIE.  I usually get dishes like spaghetti with extra tomato sauce or chicken cutlet hero with extra tomato sauce.  The pizza is good at Brothers.  Its not as good as Amore.  But the tomato sauce for dishes is the best i'v tried at Brothers.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:57:53 AM by Dan997 »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress