A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza (or other good eats) near Largo / Clearwater Beach  (Read 500 times)

Offline aerodan1

• I Love Pizza!
Pizza (or other good eats) near Largo / Clearwater Beach
« on: June 04, 2018, 11:22:27 PM »
Hi,

I'm going to Largo, FL for a few days next week and was wondering if anyone is from the area and could recommend any good pizza joints / good eats?  I found this place called Slyce in nearby Indian Rocks Beach (http://slycepizzabar.com/), which seems pretty good.

Thanks!

Offline orlando pizza man 1

Re: Pizza (or other good eats) near Largo / Clearwater Beach
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 12:41:57 PM »
Not sure about pizzas in the area but be sure to try the original Hooters on Gulf to Bay Blvd. It has since been re-modeled but that is where it all started and they use the original recipes. Also try their off-shoot restaurant "Pete and Shorties" across the parking lot. A fun place with their own slider recipe, bar food and a diner like menu. Live entertainment on the weekends and usually good at that. Very good places with lots of locals from the area. Frenchies on the beach in St.Pete for great seafood. Ask the locals for places to try as well. Lots of good craft beer places as well. Try "Two Henry"s" for great craft beers north of Parksdale Strawberry Farms and Market  at exit 17 off North Branch Forbes Rd. Try their ciders and the beers. Their wines are on the sweet side but try a sample of their dry blueberry wine, not too bad but the beers are outstanding, good in the hot summer heat. If someone else chimes in there was a guy on the forum who started his own pizza restaurant who's name escapes me. He was well known here and developed his own recipes from ideas from this forum.

Offline jmiliz

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 04:02:29 PM »
Slyce is actually pretty good pizza. Ugo's pizza in clearwater just opened and has a wood fire oven. Havent been able to get there yet but hear its good. VIP Mexican in treasure island has great margaritas and food is good.  E&E for steaks in Largo.

Offline aerodan1

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 10:34:02 PM »
Not sure about pizzas in the area but be sure to try the original Hooters on Gulf to Bay Blvd. It has since been re-modeled but that is where it all started and they use the original recipes. Also try their off-shoot restaurant "Pete and Shorties" across the parking lot. A fun place with their own slider recipe, bar food and a diner like menu. Live entertainment on the weekends and usually good at that. Very good places with lots of locals from the area. Frenchies on the beach in St.Pete for great seafood. Ask the locals for places to try as well. Lots of good craft beer places as well. Try "Two Henry"s" for great craft beers north of Parksdale Strawberry Farms and Market  at exit 17 off North Branch Forbes Rd. Try their ciders and the beers. Their wines are on the sweet side but try a sample of their dry blueberry wine, not too bad but the beers are outstanding, good in the hot summer heat. If someone else chimes in there was a guy on the forum who started his own pizza restaurant who's name escapes me. He was well known here and developed his own recipes from ideas from this forum.

Thanks, lot of great ideas to try!  Only there a few days but we'll see where I end up.

Offline aerodan1

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 10:38:24 PM »
Slyce is actually pretty good pizza. Ugo's pizza in clearwater just opened and has a wood fire oven. Havent been able to get there yet but hear its good. VIP Mexican in treasure island has great margaritas and food is good.  E&E for steaks in Largo.

Just checked out Ugo's website, it does look pretty legit.  Thanks!

Offline aerodan1

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 11:00:23 PM »
Pizza from Slyce in Indian Rocks.  It was very good, soft and tender crust, toppings were tasty.  A little greasy on the underside, but otherwise excellent pizza.

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 06:57:27 AM »
A little greasy on the underside...

A cheap paper plate might've helped that  8)
Matt

wordpress