A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: NYC - Neapolitan/NY Style Pizza Recommendations  (Read 1372 times)

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: NYC - Neapolitan/NY Style Pizza Recommendations
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2018, 11:32:32 PM »
I think Joe's is the canonical ny style slice. It's not the best slice, but if someone wants to understand ny style, joe's is a good place to start. Suggest you give john's bleecker st a try next time.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 11:35:41 PM by quietdesperation »
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - the hobbit, jrr tolkien

Offline crvgt

• I Love Pizza!
Re: NYC - Neapolitan/NY Style Pizza Recommendations
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 11:25:43 AM »
For your next trip......You've already gotten a number of solid recommendations.  I enjoy the Neopolitan style pies at Paulie Gees, Keste and Motorino.   I will throw out a few other suggestions of places that I like which don't seem to commonly get a lot of recommendations - and are not necessarily in Manhattan, but are close enough.   Brunetti on Hudson Street,  Razza (which is just over the river in Jersey City) and Sottocasa in Brooklyn (I believe they have a location in Harlem now as well).  For something more in the NY Slice category, I enjoy Scarr's near the NYC Chinatown area.   By the way, when i tried the Prince Street Pepperoni square, i found it a little too intense and actually got a little tired of it before i finished it - which was unexpected.  I kept thinking that it probably would have been more enjoyable without the pepperoni.....for whatever that that is worth....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:32:47 AM by crvgt »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T