A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: best choice for NY pizza  (Read 599 times)

Offline PIZZA FREAK

best choice for NY pizza
« on: June 15, 2018, 02:06:55 PM »
Headed to NY on Monday for 4 days then heading up to Boston for another 4 days. I plan on stopping at Pepes and Ernies in New Haven since I grew up there and love both.
Since I am taking my family they are not going to want to eat pizza every day on vacation which I would. What would be the #1 spot to go to in NY for the best pie? I have never been to any of the pizza joints in NY and Love new haven pizza.

I usually make my own pies in my brick oven and I attached a picture of my last bake which was 2 weeks ago. All pies except for the one missing a couple of slices went back in to brown and warm up since I made them early.

Thanks in advance.

Offline jsaras

Re: best choice for NY pizza
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 05:14:18 PM »
I think that your pizzas are good enough that you should prepare yourself for some disappointment.  ;D
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 08:05:40 PM »

Here's my NY tour for anyone who's interested.

Downtown Manhattan: Plain pie at John's of Bleecker, Half plain/half clam pie or garbage pie at Denino's, Vodka pie at Rubirosa, Squares at Rizzo's Fine Pizza (origin in Queens)

Slices.  You need to hit Queens.  Slices at New Park well done, Margherita, Lucia, Amore, Lillian

Sicilians.  You need to hit Queens.  Upside down Sicilian square and a pepperoni pinwheel at Rosa's in Astoria, Grandma slice at Louie's, Sicilian square at Alfie's.  Be like Bronson and get that hotsauce at the bodega and dip the corner of that upside down square.

Some recommendations above
Matt

Offline Dan997

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 06:31:29 PM »
I would recommend Joe pizza on 7 Carmine St, New York, NY 10014 in Manhattan.
Patsy's pizza in Harlem.  Get the Pie for 11 dollars at Patsy's.
The pizza there is amazing.   2287 1st Avenue, between 117th and 118th street. New York, NY 10035
Amore Pizza in Flushing Queens.  30-27 Stratton St, Flushing, NY 11354

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 04:33:51 PM »
Headed to NY on Monday for 4 days then heading up to Boston for another 4 days. I plan on stopping at Pepes and Ernies in New Haven since I grew up there and love both.
Since I am taking my family they are not going to want to eat pizza every day on vacation which I would. What would be the #1 spot to go to in NY for the best pie? I have never been to any of the pizza joints in NY and Love new haven pizza.

I usually make my own pies in my brick oven and I attached a picture of my last bake which was 2 weeks ago. All pies except for the one missing a couple of slices went back in to brown and warm up since I made them early.

Thanks in advance.

are you looking for ny style slices? brick oven? neo?

here's a good discussion:
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=49001.0
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:35:30 PM by quietdesperation »
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - the hobbit, jrr tolkien

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress