A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Party Bollore LPG + weather questions  (Read 641 times)

Offline Zaroh

• I Love Pizza!
Pizza Party Bollore LPG + weather questions
« on: July 05, 2018, 11:22:03 PM »
Hi there! I've waited almost 4 years to buy a pizza oven. I'm finally in an ideal position to buy one and I've pretty much decided on the Bollore. Just a few questions:

1) The gas used is LPG. As per the description of Bollore I am in Canada and would receive an LPG regulator. Can this regulator handle any kind of LPG? As in pure propane, pure butane, or any mix in between? Winters it's almost always below 0 degrees Celsius, I'd imagine I probably want pure propane as that evaporates at -44 Celsius in comparison to butane which does so at ~0 Celsius? It does get colder than that sometimes in the winter, but I probably wouldn't be making pizzas those nights anyways  :-D

2) Would I need to worry about cracking of bricks or any materials? The weather is pretty.. special here especially at the tail end of winter. One day it might be -20 Celsius, the next day it might be 15-20 Celsius and sunny. Or another example I can think of is if it's really cold outside, would the disparity between a hot oven and cold outdoors cause any cracking?

3) Lastly, winds! Anyone who has any pizza party oven, is it generally OK in high winds or do you put it away in the garage? It's not extremely common but winds anywhere from 60km/h to 100km/h can occur at any time of the year (~37mph - 62mph for american friends)

Appreciate any insight or answers. This is just me being more nervous than anything, but it is a big purchase for me and would like to cover most of my bases. Cheers!

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Pizza Party Bollore LPG + weather questions
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 09:03:10 AM »
1) It will only work properly with propane.

2) No. It's not something you need to worry about.

3) I keep mine in the garage, but I can't imagine it blowing over if you put it on a decent stand and keep it even remotely protected from the wind.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Zaroh

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 01:58:41 PM »
Thanks Craig. Appreciate the answers.

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Pizza Party oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party ovens official shop
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 05:41:07 PM »
Hi
desire more info?
Simone
Simone
UK/US site: Wood fired ovens and gas fired ovens Pizza Party

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Pizza Party Facebook: Pizza Party lovers page

New Pizza Party lovers community: Ipizzaparty.it

Offline Zaroh

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 12:56:04 AM »
Hi Simone,

Lots of questions! But almost all of them will be answered by me playing around with the oven and learning  ;D

Super excited to get the oven and try it out. Right now from tracking it looks like it is currently in Leipzig Germany. It has been there for a day and a half, but based on what I have read this is not uncommon. Unfortunately for whatever reason lots of packages going in and out of Germany and Leipzig in particular with DHL can take some time to start moving again. Estimated delivery date says today but I think it will either be Friday absolute earliest or some time mid next week. The most important thing is that it arrives in one piece though, no matter the time it takes. Once it arrives and I get a chance to make some pizza I will post some pictures!

Offline janes_mw

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 07:20:14 PM »
You will love it. I am about a year into my Bollore and it has been wonderful!!
Always looking for the best! Haven't found it yet, but damn fun looking!!!!

Offline Zaroh

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 10:29:15 PM »
Thanks! I am sure I will too! It arrived today. Some small chipping of a corner and an edge on two of the bricks, but of all the possible things that could go wrong in shipping internationally I'd say this is definitely a best case scenario. Especially considering since it ships with 2 extra bricks I still have 6 100% intact bricks which is all that matters.  Haven't unwrapped the oven entirely but the front appears to be intact at a first glance and looks amazing. I love the "Passione Toscana", super happy I went with that.

The stand is nearly setup, just have to add on the wheels and tighten everything but I'll have to finish the rest tomorrow or on the weekend. The mosquitoes were going crazy tonight and it was getting dark. Haven't gotten a chance to do any setup on the oven yet, figured I'd do it all once I get it on the stand. Based on the tutorial videos for placing bricks I want to do front, back, then middle? Also there's 2 strips of insulation in the oven that were moved a bit during transport, but I am thinking I just eyeball it and put it on each side of the metal strip right? Can't wait to get everything setup. So close!

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 01:50:10 AM »
Hi
very good, and shipping very fast despite the passage in Germany  ;D
2 bricks is warranty in case di shipping damage and for accidentally broken in the future  ;D
in our support page there are many huseful video https://www.forni-a-legna.com/assistenza-e-consigli-per-forni-legna-pizza-party.htm
how to place the bricks there are all info to place the indoor materials of which you speak

Passione toscana front is very good design, i hope to upload some photos of your cart  :chef: :pizza:
Simone

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Offline Zaroh

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 01:57:35 PM »
Thanks Simone! Got everything set up. Haven't cooked anything yet but we love it so far! Really simple to put everything together. The only part that really had us scratching our heads for a few minutes was putting down the front bricks. We weren't sure if they went over the metal lip on the side or not. When we put it over the lip it would slant downwards towards the middle. It turned out the lip was dislodged probably during transportation, and pressing on it firmly put it back into place. Bricks are fairly well aligned now.

We just did the 2 hours at 200 Celsius to temper the oven. Can't wait to try making some pizzas and other stuff in it. The bricks are still a tiny bit uneven, but I know the instructions say give it 2 bakes or so, and also adjust it manually with a screwdriver.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 02:01:17 PM by Zaroh »

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 02:05:27 AM »
good Pizza Party :chef: :chef:
Simone